awesome variety on a great saturday out with my son!! (pic heavy with video)

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heres a video of some of Saturdays hunt:

Hey guys, my day started by taking my son to a fishing derby where he landed this baby: 1a.JPG 17 3/4 inch rainbow trout (got him third place)! after that the weather was fantastic for diggin so we hit the farmhouse from a little while back where I got the draped bust. We weren't swinging long when I got a nice high tone and tried a live dig, ended up being a huge chunk of lead. after that it got interesting, I got another high tone and dug it live, ended up being a token for 2 dollars off an adult suit, or 3 off a childrens suit, I thought cool! 2a.jpg , I put the pinpointer back in the hole and it was going off again, I got this cool Herbert hoover presidential token, it was literally right on top of the previous token! 3a.jpg a little while later I dug a 1927 british one penny, I thought this was WAY older than that, It came out of the hole caked and I could've sworn I had me an older, much older coin, lol oh well, still cool anyway! 4b.jpg 4a.JPG , awesome green patina on that one! dug a few wheats, then popped a 1950 roosie! (we didn't catch everything live) and managed a half cent!!, I cant tell the year but if you look closely you can see the silhouette facing right and on the back you can clearly see the LF of HALF!, 6.jpg my second half cent ever!! I also got the cool chain with the gold looking pendant on it that nearly gave me a heart attack, 5a.JPG 5.jpg a couple spoons, a buckle, a neat compact that opens and closes no problem, a dunlap pocket knife, and a few other odds and ends. 8a.JPG 8.jpg 7.JPG this pic is the farmhouse and the field across the street: 9.jpg The farmer gave me permission to hit his cornfield across the street and we only managed these two finds before it POURED on us!, field 1.jpg that buckle is pretty unique, one of my favorite. So we got in the car and headed home, on the way home the rain stopped so we hit our lucky cornfield from last year, Saturday is exactly one year to the day that it was plowed last year and sure enough when we got there it was plowed, after the torrential downpours of the previous day I figured maybe some things would be right on the surface, well I hit this field HARD about 20-25 times so the signals were very limited, I managed a tiny flat button, a demolished bigger flat button, and a handle to some silver plated utensil, my son managed all the colored porcelain and pottery fragments you see here. SAM_0966.JPG all in all an awesome day spent with my son!, all 12 hrs of it!, gotta suck it up while I still can, heck hes almost 14 and about to be too COOL for dad lol!!! Thanks for looking and HH!!

Last edited:
Upvote 13

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on a day well spent and being rewarded for time spent with your son. Wish the video had worked for me but it said it was private. Great looking places!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

el remolino

May 26, 2013
West Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fantastic! Many great finds and even better story of spending time with your boy. Both of my boys were with me ALL day yesterday. Exhausting, but I wouldn't trade it for the world. Yes, I can see the wreath on the back side of your half cent.

Metdet49

Dec 25, 2012
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro, White's M6, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer, Predator Tools Little Eagle
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A very productive hunt cjon. I like those tokens and the buckle. It is nice to have a target rich environment like that to hunt. More importantly it's nice to share the experience with your son. Keep hitting that field.

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome finds and great fish. Congrats guys!
The video won't play.
-MM-

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice group of interesting finds, and priceless time spent hunting with your son!

Congrats!:thumbsup:

BTW, the buckle is actually a buckle cover.

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry guys, I was exhausted when I made the video, its public now lol

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on a day well spent and being rewarded for time spent with your son. Wish the video had worked for me but it said it was private. Great looking places!

Thanks!, yeah I was tired as heck when I made that vid and forgot to publish it lol. Turns out today is a gorgeous day for digging and I made my wife a promise not to go today cause she was home bored all day yesterday lol

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Can you buy her a friend? J/K...I think you're allowed to be tired. Great video. Really enjoyed it!

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Loved the video. Thanks for shooting that. Two old tokens in one hole - AWESOME! :thumbsup:
MM

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can you buy her a friend? J/K...I think you're allowed to be tired. Great video. Really enjoyed it!

lol shes pregnant and hormonal and wants me at home lol

Loved the video. Thanks for shooting that. Two old tokens in one hole - AWESOME! :thumbsup:
MM
Thanjs!! yeah uf u notice, the bigger one Is clean right where the small one sat on top of it

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If she's pregnant, you've been home TOO much! J/K again.....congrats. I wish you the best!

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If she's pregnant, you've been home TOO much! J/K again.....congrats. I wish you the best!

Thanks alot! Lol I agree w ya btw

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A very productive hunt cjon. I like those tokens and the buckle. It is nice to have a target rich environment like that to hunt. More importantly it's nice to share the experience with your son. Keep hitting that field.

Thanks!, yeah I gotta try that field again, I just. Did a perimeter search for now, hardly any tones, hopefully theres more in there

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
all in all an awesome day spent with my son!, all 12 hrs of it!, gotta suck it up while I still can, heck hes almost 14 and about to be too COOL for dad lol!!! Thanks for looking and HH!!

That is a fantabulous day! Congrats on the trout too! (now I'm hungry!)

I got to be too cool for dumb ole dad when I was about 14 too. But, ya know? I was SOOOoooo impressed
by just how much he had learned by the time I was 18!!

Thanks for sharing!

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great day of finds for you and your son! Hopefully he will take his dad detecting soon!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread