1896 Leadville Ice Palace Souvenir Badge and Palace Drug Store, Denver Bottle

seychik

Nov 3, 2011
Denver Metro, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Garrett Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Took a vacation day and went to a teardown where my friend Carl and I had hunted a while back and where I found a piece of foil thingy that cleaned up turned out to be a little gold badge with Juncti Juvamus.
So today, I see the construction crew working on a new foundation, get permission from the foreman to detect (while they are working-thanks man) and find a small bottle lying on top of a small dirt pile. Pick it up and it is embossed "Palace Drug Store, Denver, Col."! (1891-95). Popped out a crusty penny, cleaned enough to see it's an 1888 Indian! Also found a barrel shaped badge with 1896. It is a souvenir badge for the 1896 Leadville Ice Palace. On the front it says: Crystal Carnival, Leadville, Colorado, Jan, Feb, Mar, 1896. On the top in the barrel or bucket it reads 200000000. The reverse reads "Leadville Carnival, Castle" and has a pictorial of the ice castle. Good day off and fun to find two 'palace' things today.
Cindy

Attachments

• DSCN4859.JPG
    DSCN4859.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 191
  • Leadville Crystal Carnival 1896.jpg
    Leadville Crystal Carnival 1896.jpg
    187.6 KB · Views: 159
  • Palace Drug Bottle.jpg
    Palace Drug Bottle.jpg
    290.5 KB · Views: 151
  • Bottle Badge Indian.jpg
    Bottle Badge Indian.jpg
    280.8 KB · Views: 167
  • Leadville Crystal Carnival 1896 reverse.jpg
    Leadville Crystal Carnival 1896 reverse.jpg
    196.4 KB · Views: 156
Upvote 5

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is a great day of hunting in my book. Varied and very interesting finds. Way to go!

PikesPeakCharlie

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2008
Pikes Peak
Detector(s) used
Garrett Gti 2500, Garrett Gta 350, Garrett Pro-Pointer -- Whites IDX Pro, AutoMax V2 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job Cindy !!!!!!! I like the Carnival Castle one the best ,because of the ore bucket shape, don't get me wrong the barrel shaped one is fantastic also ! we have a Cripple Creek bottle that size too. My health has not been the best and have not got out much at all,hope to be feeling good enough to do some hunting again real soon. I know Carl wants to come down . Congrats again !!!!! Keep it up !!

OP
OP
seychik

seychik

Nov 3, 2011
Denver Metro, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great job Cindy !!!!!!! I like the Carnival Castle one the best ,because of the ore bucket shape, don't get me wrong the barrel shaped one is fantastic also ! we have a Cripple Creek bottle that size too. My health has not been the best and have not got out much at all,hope to be feeling good enough to do some hunting again real soon. I know Carl wants to come down . Congrats again !!!!! Keep it up !!
Hey, hope you are out hunting soon, mountain snow is disappearing-right? The Leadville badge is shown front and back, not two separate items-ha ha. Love the mining town souvenir, that inspires me to go to Leadville soon and have look around. I'll have to miss the bottle show there this July. Hope to get down your way this summer also. Cindy

OP
OP
seychik

seychik

Nov 3, 2011
Denver Metro, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

bottlehunterofcoscob

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2012
Southern CT
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hope you feel better soon, I miss seeing your beautiful Colorado bots Charlie!

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Congrats! :hello2: :occasion16::wav::occasion16: :hello2:

I like all of your finds the best! What a great day! Enjoy seeing them especially as I traveled & hiked near that area long ago & also lived in NM's eastern Rocky Mountains later on. Hope to see more of your finds soon! :cat: Andi

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was one killer day for you!
Anything that cool that says Leadville is a keeper.
kudos!
Carl

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread