May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sent the scout out alone today......or was it something to do with mixing cider & ale...:happysmiley: (don't do this at home kids)

Cru'dad has been doing his rounds recently & found out an unsearched field was available. It was on the radar but a long way off the top hit list. It showed up nothing on our research but it was on the opposite side of a road to a Medieval moated Manor site. So in these periods of little choice, it was worth a go....

He didn't get much in 2 hours but the report was a follows;
Sandy soil - good news in this area
No Lead - very bad news for any sort of site
2 bits of Roman or Medieval Pot Shards - little hard to tell without the rims - not enough to spark interest
1 Bronze pot rim - circa 17th C
Georgian Furniture Pull
2 Buttons
Common Ed I London Mint Hammered - but in better than average condition.:hello2:

The hammered was found after 50 minutes & made the scouting worthwhile.

If we didn't have spare time we would put this back on the back burner, but with little else, I will be XPing it soon....:thumbsup:

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    157 KB · Views: 81
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    44.7 KB · Views: 79
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    43.7 KB · Views: 86
Upvote 5

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:laughing7:Cru dad probably came back to find you snoozing on the sofa! :laughing7: :occasion14:

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So you send Ol' Da out to find places to hunt......LOL At least sending out an experienced scout has it's benefits.

MaineRelic

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesorso's, Minelabs, Garrett's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A surprise find is never where you expect it to be ! That is a nice looking Ed I. Good luck gridding ! MaineRelic

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Guinness and lager, not a good idea either Cru.:occasion14:

I do know better really, just met some friends I hadn't seen in many years & got carried away. It took me most the day to get rid of the headacre, so I didn't think constant beeping would help.

I look forward to trying this field even if the signs were not that great. I like the challege of the unknown, I hope to get at least something....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread