2nd Hunt with OldDude produces silver, relics, and a Trifecta!!

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
a little video of todays hunt

Hey guys,
Met up with OldDude today to do another round of door knocking, we hit the back country roads and he spotted a good looking farmhouse so we approached them and easy peezy we got permission! super nice folks and we made a connection for some fall digs! he'll tell you that his sites mean less for him and more for me and vice versa yada yada yada lol:laughing7: jk dave! anyway, I hit the front yard first and hit a few wheats right off the bat, I thought boy its got potential. Shortly later I got this awesome buckle, that I believe is a shoe buckle dirt buckle.jpg buckle outside.JPG buckle pinpointer.jpg so I kept gridding along and snatched a 1862 fatty indian head! Shortly after that I hit a nice high 80s mid 90s repeatable at 6 inches, so I get a diggin and pow, 1835 Large cent!, lc shirt.jpg coins.JPG coins outside.JPG I hit the trifecta!! all of that came in a small area that I point out in the video, about a 20' x 80' area! that was pretty much the only old coin-producing spot in the yard besides the wheats OldDude snatched elsewhere in the yard, I seemed to have found the old section of the property. I also got some cool relics like the 4 leaf clover pin, a thimble, a front and back of an old compact, a lock plate, a few keys, and what appears to be an old small bracelet? We left shortly after Old Dude made his exit find, a sweet flat button with the word Best on back, my last find on the property was a 1945P War nickel!!:headbang: silver #31 on the year, Old Dude must be my warnickel good luck charm, 2 hunts with him and 2 war nickels, thanks pal! this tiny little coin I almost forgot to mention, it says "Island Eyrir" on front and 1953 on back, thoughts??? small fb.jpg After that we obtained permission at a really amazing looking property old dude has had his eye on for some time, the place is on the national registry for historic places and was absolutely beautiful but, the guy gave me permission with a warning, and ill quote him "ill warn ya, a lot of people have been through here already" Well besides old dudes awesome 2piece military button, he was right, it was a barren wasteland of nothingness!

oh yeah, almost forgot, this little intruder scared the bejesus out of me so I rang his bell, dead.jpg
his friend wasn't so pleased and scampered off! SNAKEWALL.jpg
pin outside.JPG take.JPG SAM_1194.JPG
all in all an awesome day with some killer finds and some future spots secured, thanks for looking and HH!!

Last edited:
Upvote 6
OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know why this thread has a sadface next to the title, somehow I must have hit submit before I was done with the other thread with the same title so I deleted all the content, private message sent to jeffofpa to attempt to get it deleted.........

Last edited:

MackDog

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2013
Spokane Wa
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro, 8 x11" and Nel Storm coils
Garrett Propointer er, Pro Pointer AT
White's V3i Standard, 10" DD, 13" Ultimate and 4 x6" sniper, 6 x10 coils, Drect 12 x 15 coil
Whites MX Sport With Detec
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Must be sweet to live in such history rich areas

pjduff

Mar 3, 2012
Madison, IN
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-x, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great hunt! The coin is a 1 Eyrir from Iceland.

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratulations on a fantastic trifecta. You and Dave make a great team.

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Where was the Flying Eagle cent? LOL

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I gotta get one of those buckles! That one may be the most ornate ones I have ever seen. I wonder what kind it is too because of that tab on it. Hopefully someone can ID it soon. I can't find any images on Google like it. I still wonder why it has the purple coloring too. Some type of chemical reaction maybe between the metal and something in the ground. I can't wait till we can get back to that " Indian Head Garden " she told us about, lol!

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I gotta get one of those buckles! That one may be the most ornate ones I have ever seen. I wonder what kind it is too because of that tab on it. Hopefully someone can ID it soon. I can't find any images on Google like it. I still wonder why it has the purple coloring too. Some type of chemical reaction maybe between the metal and something in the ground. I can't wait till we can get back to that " Indian Head Garden " she told us about, lol!

absolutely!, theres no way they got all them Indians out of there. We should've asked her where that garden was, heck id bring a weedwacker and mower to clear it out better

I don't know why my pics aren't showing, this thread is gonna be the death of me with all the editing lol

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Must be sweet to live in such history rich areas

yeah I love this state for its history!, one of the earliest states in the country

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on a fantastic trifecta. You and Dave make a great team.

thanks beez, its more enjoyable getting out with fellow hunters, someone to brag to lol

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found your clover pin! According to Google images, the CC stands for Cedar Creek. There was an identical one for sale sometime in the past on EBay under Civil War pins. That doesn't mean it IS Civil War era, but after going through all 13 pages on EBay, the pin is no longer there. I searched Cedar Creek and so far, I have found there is a park in Allentown, Pa with that name. Will search some more.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Authentic-C...rb%252BxGDZHxJ3Q32U%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Last edited:

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Congrats on super finds! :notworthy: :headbang: :notworthy: And more to come for you both! :icon_thumleft:

Iceland has had periods of severe poverty and despite their supportive communities where people help those in need, many have emigrated to the northern USA states in times of poverty. My friend emigrated when a teenager, to join an older sister. Currently I'm reading the book she just published which is an interesting mix of Icelandic history and her experience of growing up there in a big family. Have fun everyone! Andi

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow.. that is an absolutely spectacular haul. Congrats. The trifecta is awesome. GL&HH.

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow.. that is an absolutely spectacular haul. Congrats. The trifecta is awesome. GL&HH.
Thanks tom, it was a lot of fun even though that darned snake scared the heck out of me lol

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on super finds! :notworthy: :headbang: :notworthy: And more to come for you both! :icon_thumleft:

Iceland has had periods of severe poverty and despite their supportive communities where people help those in need, many have emigrated to the northern USA states in times of poverty. My friend emigrated when a teenager, to join an older sister. Currently I'm reading the book she just published which is an interesting mix of Icelandic history and her experience of growing up there in a big family. Have fun everyone! Andi

Cjon and I spent some time talking with the couple that owns this property and the gentleman told me his father or grandfather ( I am showing my forgetfulness, lol ) immigrated from Poland. I want to go back and measure the distance from their farm to my town, because he said the man would walk from there to my town to work in the coal mines. Can you imagine putting in such a hard day at work and then walking many miles back home?

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found your clover pin! According to Google images, the CC stands for Cedar Creek. There was an identical one for sale sometime in the past on EBay under Civil War pins. That doesn't mean it IS Civil War era, but after going through all 13 pages on EBay, the pin is no longer there. I searched Cedar Creek and so far, I have found there is a park in Allentown, Pa with that name. Will search some more.
Authentic Cedar Creek C C Four Leaf Clover Civil War Circa 1860's Pin Original | eBay
cool, thanks!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread