New Member here, First day out, found gold in first hour!!!

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm new here although I've been lurking on and off for the last year. I've been studying this site and have learned quite a bit about good spots to hunt. I finally signed up last night.

I got interested in metal detecting years ago and received a cheap Micronta 4003 from Radio Shack as a gift. I used it on and off and found a few coins and some junk jewelry with it. I basically put it aside for a few years. and promised to get myself a decent unit at some point.

Two days ago I bought a Bounty Hunter Tracker IV in mint condition off Craigslist for 30 bucks after breaking out the old one last weekend and coming up empty handed. I took it out today to give it a try and to get used to it. After finding about 8 pop tops, one junk earring and two old soda cans I got a hit that sounded like more junk. My intuition told me to check it anyway and I'm SO glad that I did. I dug up a 10K gold wedding band. The feeling was awesome.

It's small and probably not worth much but I am beyond hooked. I found it on an abandoned ball field and I'll be combing every inch of it tomorrow. This may be beginners luck but I don't care. This first find will more than pay for my new detector and proves that there IS treasure out there if you're willing to go dig it up.

I want to thank everyone on this site for posting such good information. I've really learned a great deal just by lurking here.

Last edited:
Upvote 2

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome to TreasureNet. That is an awesome find, hopefully there is more to come. I know a guy who found the remains of an antique horse bridal with a Tracker IV after just starting Metal Detecting.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Garrett424

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks. I know the Tracker IV isn't a high end unit but compared to my old radio Shack special it's a major step up. I'm pretty impressed with the quality and what it does given the price. The reviews are pretty good too.

I also feel like this is meant to be because I got it extremely cheap and ironically, the guy who sold it to me was about 5 minutes from where I live. His ad had been up for 29 days with no bites. It was just too perfect.

I told my sons about my find and all of a sudden they're expressing interest. Before, they usually made fun of all the trash I dug up with that old unit.

I have to say though, that old unit gave me the itch after finding my first silver coin way back when so I can't really complain about it.

I can't wait for morning so I can get back and dig up some more stuff. I have a really good feeling about this location.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ring.gif
Great find! Post a picture if you can. Thanks for sharing...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread