Button in the pouring rain

rainorshine

Oct 6, 2013
Black Hills, SD
Detector(s) used
AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was raining all mourning but it let up around noon. I decided to go swinging at a local park and as soon as a got there the skies opened up. Instead of heading home, I threw on my rain jacket and kept at it. Good thing I did cause because before too long I dug this nice military button. I'm having a hard time making out the backmark. Any ideas?

View attachment 1013239 View attachment 1013249

Upvote 4

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can't make it out but will bet the experts will date it to WWI due to the black paint. Congrats.

mreese1849

Apr 6, 2012
Ga
Detector(s) used
Present: Minelab equinox 600
Past: Teknetics eurotek pro, Minelab xterra 705, At pro, Fisher f75 se, Explorer SE PRO, bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found the same style. The backmark for the one I found dated WWII, but yeah it could be WWI also. Definitely a good sign for your parks potential. Snagged plenty of silver from mine. Good luck!!

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
outstanding.gif
Great find! Thanks for sharing...

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice button find!
I hear ya on the rain, we just got out of a pattern of rain every 2-3 days. It's been beautiful since!
Your post title should be a song!

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
yeah those AT's sure are nice in the rain, I was out today, sweating hard when the clouds opened up on me, first time i didn't have to worry about it with my new AT GOLD and that rain was short and sweet, felt very good while i kept digging. great button too!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread