Class Ring along with some silver

bountyhunter04

May 7, 2006
WV
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm V
Called to get permission to go to a house built in 1919 owner said sure just let me know what all you find! So after all the yard work was done at home it was off to metal detect! Very first dig was a 1964 quarter..I thought "oh yea way to start off" so I find a couple wheats then get dig up this class ring from 1966 with the initials AMM. I know most of the family that has connections to the house but couldn't figure out who would've had the last name that started with an M. But I was sure the owners would know! So I finished the day with a few more wheats, 3 that had been shot with a .22 and a 1932 quarter! Pretty good day! So I left to show the ring to the owners! I showed her the ring last and told her it was from 1966 with the initials AMM. It just so happened to be her half brothers that had just passed away less than a month ago!!!! She was so excited and offered to buy it off of me! She said she was going to visit his wife this week and that she would be so excited that I found it! I told her she didn't owe me a thing!! So I was very happy that it will be returned to where it belongs!!

image-1440530663.jpg

Upvote 22

WheatCent

Greenie
Jun 22, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really nice ring you have,really good condition too,nice find,thanks for sharing:hello2:

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
great ring, great return... it was worth it wasn't it? i got to return a class ring that had been lost for 23 yrs, the lady was beside herself. congrats

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ring.gif
Great find - bet the family gave you life-time access to their property! Thanks for sharing...

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So you found two silver quarters, some wheat pennies, and were able to recover and return a class ring to the owner's family all on one hunt! I'd say that is a day I would remember for quite some time. Congratulations on the finds and having the decency to return the ring. Well done!

OP
OP
bountyhunter04

bountyhunter04

May 7, 2006
WV
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm V
It sure was worth it! One of my better days I have to say!!!

el remolino

May 26, 2013
West Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like you had a fantastic day. Thanks for representing us so well!!!!

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Neat story. You should get an honorable mention from this. I am not sure if we have to vote this, like on banner.

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love hearing stuff like this, thanks for being a good advertiser of detecting!

DMN

Bronze Member
Apr 19, 2009
Quite a wonderful ring. Even better than that was the fact you made someone quite happy with memories they can visit every time they look at and hold that ring. You are a true ambassador for this hobby. Thank you.

OP
OP
bountyhunter04

bountyhunter04

May 7, 2006
WV
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm V
Thanks everyone! This is a wonderful hobby that I hope I can enjoy for many years to come! And also a great bunch of members!

geologyjohn

Mar 18, 2009
West edge of the U.S.
Detector(s) used
WW2 mine detector, D-Tex Standard, D-Tex Deluxe, A.H. Pro Discriminator, various Whites, Fisher 1265-X, Fisher 1270, Fisher F75, Fisher Gold Bug,Tesoro Sand Shark. And maybe others that I forgot?
That's an Honorable Mention story if I ever heard one. Good job bountyhunter04!!!

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was really great and your timing was perfect! Congrats on finding the gold ring!
Nice wheats and silvers you got

I forgot to take pics of the ring I returned.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very nice job! That ring will mean the world to the fellow's wife. That's why you found the silvers~Karma!

OP
OP
bountyhunter04

bountyhunter04

May 7, 2006
WV
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm V
It sure will!! I was hoping to get to be the one to return it but oh well

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread