NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pulled this nice green (whiskey?) bottle out of the walls at the same place I found he old Falstaff cans. I don't know a lot about dating bottles, so any help is appreciated. There are some pretty large bubbles in the glass, and the bottom has either a 6 or a 9 on it. The building dates to around the 1860's I'd guess from what we've found so far, but I'm assuming the bottle is early 1900's?

100_2586.JPG 100_2587.JPG

Upvote 5

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That bottle has an applied lip so it is older than the early 1900s. Probably 1880s.

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bottles in the walls , kool hootch bottles in a wall ??? hope the juicer had a few coins hidden nearby .

:cool::p

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cool, hope the next find is a jar full of gold coins

OP
OP
NOLA_Ken

NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bottles in the walls , kool hootch bottles in a wall ??? hope the juicer had a few coins hidden nearby .

:cool::p

Well the place has been a bar pretty much since it was built, except for a short time during prohibition when it was a "restaurant". We found a lot of receipt files from the 1940's under the attic floor too. Those we gave to the owner though.

PeteWmass

Nov 26, 2012
South Hadley
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hmm - find me a 50 year old candy wrapper or something(!) - - that bottle could be foreign - they sometimes were a bit cruder - some of the foreign whiskey bottles look 1800s but might be 1930s or something - I dont think its any newer than the 50s though ...

OP
OP
NOLA_Ken

NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hmm - find me a 50 year old candy wrapper or something(!) - - that bottle could be foreign - they sometimes were a bit cruder - some of the foreign whiskey bottles look 1800s but might be 1930s or something - I dont think its any newer than the 50s though ...

Well, the Lucky Strike tins found right near it are 1930's.... and since this building has been a place that serves liquor since the day it was built, I'm going to assume it's a much older bottle than the 1950's. also I didn't post a pic of it before I cleaned it.... I know what 100 years of attic scunge looks like....

OP
OP
NOLA_Ken

NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry... that last post comes across as antagonistic, and that wasn't my intent.... It's just been a long hot day at work.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread