Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats! I am still looking for that item!

OP
OP
nscrcr8z

nscrcr8z

Jun 4, 2011
cullman al
Detector(s) used
v3i/ xl 6000 pro/AT pro, Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats! I am still looking for that item!

Hey it took me forever to find my first
3 weeks later I found my 2nd (the unicorn)
Hang in there it'll come.. and be worth it!

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
hey it looks great to me, so glad for you

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
39-40 you say? That answers some questions...as I have found a ton of silver rings, bracelets etc...and no gold..actually have been hunting an area where a fellow says he was at a soccer field and threw his wifes' diamond/gold wedding ring out in the field..with no success, even tho ive been digging all the nickel signals, (51-58) resulting in one cheapie ring, a handful of pull tabs, and ...a bunch of nickels, but no gold. That does shed some light on the situation, maybe hit that area again and pay attention to the lower signals...did you notice any certain tone? Thx very much in advance...ddf

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
39-40 you say? That answers some questions...as I have found a ton of silver rings, bracelets etc...and no gold..actually have been hunting an area where a fellow says he was at a soccer field and threw his wifes' diamond/gold wedding ring out in the field..with no success, even tho ive been digging all the nickel signals, (51-58) resulting in one cheapie ring, a handful of pull tabs, and ...a bunch of nickels, but no gold. That does shed some light on the situation, maybe hit that area again and pay attention to the lower signals...did you notice any certain tone? Thx very much in advance...ddf
All of my gold items have been from low 40's to mid 50's and the tone should be solid not jumpy.

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found what I thought was a killer HS ring today. When I dug it I handed it to my buddy Smittyman to check out. Out of the ground it was the color of the dirt. He rubbed a little on the thin part of the ring and said "you've got yourself a gold ring" and then he said it says United States Air Force on the front. So of course I was all excited. I just started cleaning the finds from today and the ring turned out to be 10k filled and not 10k so that is a disappointment. But it is a USAF ring so that's pretty cool.

Your ring however is really pretty and real gold and even has diamonds. Wonderful find!

thommo59

Mar 6, 2014
Australia
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Garrett AT PRO
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've tested a couple of gold rings and had low tones also from my AT Pro, so now I dig anything solid over 35. I think someone some it shouldn't be jumpy and that's true but I still have this underlying feeling I'm missing something if I don't have a look. The number that gets me is 53, the dreaded pull tab but here is Australia it can also be our 5 or 10 cent coin, and I've had a tiny ring around that tone.

OP
OP
nscrcr8z

nscrcr8z

Jun 4, 2011
cullman al
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Yes low 40s and altho not guaranteed
It's a sweet sound. ...
Clean sound but you do have to dig bottle caps and a lot of crap to get to the good stuff
Persistent pays off at the end
Good luck to u

Last edited:
OP
OP
nscrcr8z

nscrcr8z

Jun 4, 2011
cullman al
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found what I thought was a killer HS ring today. When I dug it I handed it to my buddy Smittyman to check out. Out of the ground it was the color of the dirt. He rubbed a little on the thin part of the ring and said "you've got yourself a gold ring" and then he said it says United States Air Force on the front. So of course I was all excited. I just started cleaning the finds from today and the ring turned out to be 10k filled and not 10k so that is a disappointment. But it is a USAF ring so that's pretty cool.

Your ring however is really pretty and real gold and even has diamonds. Wonderful find!

Ty hey that's an awesome find tho

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Small ladies rings come up in the low 40s and small hollow gold earrings come up in the upper 30s. The lowest number Ive had on a gold ring was a 42 on a very thin .5 gram 10k...Ive found hollow gold earrings as low as 38...I found a tri colored 5.5 gram 14k gold cross that only reads a 42, all other gold rings Ive found that are 5 grams and heavier, read in the 50s and higher...must be the shape of the cross that makes it read low. The numbers depend on the karat, what its alloyed with, size and shape. Ive found large gold bands that read in the penny range.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes low 40s and altho not guaranteed
It's a sweet sound. ...
Clean sound but you do have to dig bottle caps and a lot of cap to get to the good stuff
Persistent pays off at the end
Good luck to u
Circle your target while your sweeping and most of those bottle caps will jump through all three tones or either hit high and low.

dwodyga

Jun 16, 2014
West Brookfield,MA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find! Congrats! Also, very good info from everyone posting about how their gold is ringing up on the AT Pro. Thanks everybody, I'm still very new at this and any info is very much appreciated in learning my machine.

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Many thanks to ALL who chimed in on the gold tones/numbers for finding rings and gold on the AT Pro...The guy who told me he threw the ring into the soccer field showed me where he threw it, and where he was actually standing when he chucked it. He said it was a little over a year ago, and judging by the TONS of clad (mostly quarters and dimes) in that field, along with the two silver rings and bracelet ive found, it would be a safe bet that nobody has been hunting there, along with the fact that I have never seen anybody else there. So now, armed with this additional information...lets go find that ring !! Thanks again all! great info..appreciated it very much...ddf

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the gold.

OP
OP
nscrcr8z

nscrcr8z

Jun 4, 2011
cullman al
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The good part About the AT pro is simple enough for a beginner but can be a very advanced machine fur the more seasoned hobbiest
I got rid of my v3i for a Atp

OP
OP
nscrcr8z

nscrcr8z

Jun 4, 2011
cullman al
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ty Kodiak and everyone for the replies