Chunky Ring(Love On A Budget) And Other Things 6/28

Jarl

Jul 28, 2012
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENT: E-Trac

FORMER:Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Garrett AT Pro & Garrett Pinpointer Pro Garrett GTAx 1000, Ace 250

HAVE USED: Teknetics & Bounty Hunters

WANT TO TRY: Tesoro and White's someday
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone,

Friday was a pile of a hunt, for lack of better terms. I was in a bad mood anyway, wasn't really feeling it. I did find clad but not anything to mention otherwise. Sunday(with all things) actually proceeded somewhat normally. I got to my destination and was trying to imagine where the good things might be. It took a few hours of wandering and digging and I was getting to my point of pulling the curtains. I was tired and dirty and loathing the ending of the weekend. Then, I got my second wind and plucked out this fat ring. It's not a money maker but it made me feel like Billy Idol for a second...with a rebel yell. The ring may or may not be gold plated...it's stamped with "Thailand". It sure rang up like all my other plated finds. Then, about ten minutes later, several yards away, I found the rosette or whatever you call that thing. It rang up like gold plate too...looks like it is but there are no markings at all on it. The back had something attached to it that has since detached, maybe it was a pin or earring stem? I don't know what it was supposed to be but it's cool looking...kinda Byzantine-ish or Slavic looking to me...could be purely middle eastern too. That dot in the center is plastic I think and it's red, you can't see too well in the pic though. I pictured a squished hem weight and a small pin with a faded design on it. That's all I can do for you all...unless you want to see a pile of clad or can slaw??

Thanks for looking. GL & HH

Attachments

• billyidol.JPG
    billyidol.JPG
    33.5 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_3580.JPG
    IMG_3580.JPG
    202.6 KB · Views: 160
  • IMG_3587.JPG
    IMG_3587.JPG
    312.6 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_3589.JPG
    IMG_3589.JPG
    292.2 KB · Views: 168
  • IMG_3591.JPG
    IMG_3591.JPG
    432.3 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_3592.JPG
    IMG_3592.JPG
    518.4 KB · Views: 133
Upvote 6
OP
OP
Jarl

Jarl

Jul 28, 2012
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

FORMER:Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Garrett AT Pro & Garrett Pinpointer Pro Garrett GTAx 1000, Ace 250

Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Edit* Saturday...not Sunday...see, that's how much I am dreading the ending of this weekend.

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Humdinger bling ring, lol! :tongue3: Bright enough to light your way home on a dark night! :hello2:

When your weekend ends, maybe it'll help to know that due to temporary unrelated injuries, my son & I each haven't been able to detect for about 6 weeks! Wah! Well, I snuck in one brief easy beach hunt with nothing to show for it. But we're consoling ourselves watching World Cup Soccer tourney & looking over our previous detecting finds, lol. And planning future hunts too ... Adios! :cat: Andi

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love that ring and your pic of Billy, nice thread!

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
a ring find, cool

OP
OP
Jarl

Jarl

Jul 28, 2012
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the comments and likes everyone. Yeah, that ring made me walk with a tilt...haha. Special note: Though I like some of Idol's songs...I can't help but laugh when I look back and forth from the squished hem weight and Billy's iconic snarling mouth. :laughing7:

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The ring is quite a looker tho!
Congrats! The gold color thing with the dot in the middle looks like an earring, with the post broken off.

Hope your mood improves! I don't find much when I feel like that.

Skippy SH13

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2015
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Probably my favorite post of the day. Something about the Billy Idol pic that really makes me want to yell... rebelly. :)

Way to nail it in the forum!

Skippy

qaela4

Bronze Member
Jul 24, 2014
Keene, New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Silver,Tesoro Silver Sabre uMax.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You think whoever gave that ring to the girl was singing "it's time for a White Wedding"? Nice looking ring fake or not.

OP
OP
Jarl

Jarl

Jul 28, 2012
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry Skippy SH13 and qaela4, I just saw your comments now....haven't been on for a long time, as I haven't done any digging all since mid summer...just not finding anything. But yeah, this particular day was the kind where you hunt for hours and then when you're about to just go home...you decided to do a little more and you find something interesting. It restored that day for me for sure, even though I couldn't pay a jeweler to take the ring lol. Msbeepbeep, I didn't see your response from last year here until now. Thanks for comments everyone.

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Rosette looking think looks really hand cut ,engraved . If not stone the bit in the center would more likely be amber
than plastic - I think it's gold with all that work -

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread