🥇 BANNER Incredible Gold Nugget found when detecting

49r Relics

Jan 11, 2008
Gold Country (California)
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett AT Pro, Makro Racer 2, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Detector Pro Grey Ghost headphones, Lesche diggers, Apex picks.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The find of a lifetime for me and on my birthday to boot. Me and Ron Swenson Ron(CA) were out detecting an old site where I have found quite a few small nuggets a couple years ago and this was a huge surprise as I never expected gold to come in as a high conductor. This sounded and ID'd just like a silver coin would. I am lucky that I live in such a great place to detect, here in California's gold country. Every once in a while one of us comes across a big nugget like this while out detecting. The 49'rs didn't have detectors and where they didn't dig, there is still the possibility of coming across one of these :thumbsup:

This live dig was caught on video . . . .

I know we say "Dude" alot but, Dude, we're from California!!

Thanks for looking!! Best birthday ever :-D

EDIT: 07-07-2014 - Several have asked me if this nugget is for sale, I am looking at all offers. Thanks!!

vpg8sg.jpg

iz6mp3.jpg

vgs8k7.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 98

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That's a fantastic find! Wow!! Hear attack time for sure.

Nicely done.

All the best,

Lanny

Threshold

Mar 3, 2012
Riverside, CA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garret Pin Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's insane, congrats!

kyleeskastles

Jun 21, 2014
birthplace of texas
Detector(s) used
BH sharpshooter II, BH pioneer 202, garrett csi pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Even nuggets with quarts in them demands a premium though and always have as far as i knew. The people over at feebay certainly pay a huge premium for em and the bigger ones go for way more then weight value. Got any legitimate offers yet?

Goldenboy_98

Jun 29, 2014
Sweden
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705, Garrett AT-Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That´s sick dude! Wish I could find a nugget like that myself one day, I live in Sweden but my dream is to go to California and prospect for gold. Do you know how much it´s worth? Congrats on the "find of a lifetime", looking forward to see more like this :thumbsup:

bronzecannons

Sep 1, 2005
Oceanside, CA
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
That was totally AMAZING!!! Your video was AWESOME also. Loved it!

Two years ago we moved back to California and I've been contemplating on getting a metal detector. Well, I think you have really inspired me to do so now!

Thank you!

TW

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for those additional photos. Now I can see all that rock in there. I wonder what the actual gold percentage is. Can you ID the white? mineral? Can you do a specific gravity?

Given that cm scale cube the volume is obviously way too large compared to the target 2mm.

It almost looks plated or painted.

Would be neat to see it in hand.

"All that rock in there"

There is only a few small specks of quartz, which is only one seventh the weight of the gold, so the amount of "rock" is near nothing as far the weight goes.

"It almost looks plated or painted."

No it doesn't, quit questioning the find. You know about SG, but apparently not what gold looks like, he doesn't need a SG test.

What a beautiful thing to pull out of the ground.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions