Sidewalk Tear Out

issombeituni

May 26, 2013
I have never had the chance to hunt one but a buddy and I did. I eneded up with a super nice milk jar and a few marbles for surface finds. Lots of broken pottery all over. managed a few wheats a super nice token and a WWI or II era button that cleaned up super nice. Then I dug what i think is either a head light or picture frame and a deep skeleton key. enjoy pics
6unagaru.jpg
apymu7u7.jpg
myqenyna.jpg
pyjegere.jpg
2anypute.jpg
bama5ehe.jpg
ranyjeja.jpg
zu3yty2e.jpg
a9eby4u8.jpg

Upvote 16

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You made some super nice finds congrats!
Buttons is in awesome shape!

Amazing what is hiding under sidewalks!

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
nice finds

frostdigger

Jan 1, 2013
Col. Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
Garrett 1350, Garrett AT pro, Garrett AT gold, Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds, that milk bottle is awesome it's amazing it survived in one piece. Congrats on a fun hunt.

idahotokens

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2003
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice!!! That George Gerbing token is one of my favorite types - I call them "P-38" because the ornament at the bottom looks like an oncoming Lockheed P-38 fighter plane. I've been collecting and researching them for several years, suspecting that they were made by a Chicago-area maker ca. 1900 give or take 5 or so years. Then Richard of TokenCatalog.com did some serious die study and has pretty much proven that they were indeed made by a Chicago company. George Gerbing is listed in the 1897 Chicago City Directory as having a saloon at 406 Milwaukee Avenue.

It would sure be nice if you'd post pics of that piece on TokenCatalog.com or (with permission) I could do it for you.

John in the Great 208

OP
OP
issombeituni

issombeituni

May 26, 2013
Nice!!! That George Gerbing token is one of my favorite types - I call them "P-38" because the ornament at the bottom looks like an oncoming Lockheed P-38 fighter plane. I've been collecting and researching them for several years, suspecting that they were made by a Chicago-area maker ca. 1900 give or take 5 or so years. Then Richard of TokenCatalog.com did some serious die study and has pretty much proven that they were indeed made by a Chicago company. George Gerbing is listed in the 1897 Chicago City Directory as having a saloon at 406 Milwaukee Avenue.

It would sure be nice if you'd post pics of that piece on TokenCatalog.com or (with permission) I could do it for you.

John in the Great 208
idaho i give u premession to post it im really busy right now pls link me where it's at

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool! :icon_thumright: It's always fun to detect some new potential ground! I like that old milk bottle, and I would "assume'' that there aren't too many of those around? (rarity, in size)

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds, my favorites are the picture frame, milk bottle, and token. Good job jumping in there!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread