My First Cufflink, Suspender Piece, and Lead Mystery Piece

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got out for a quick hunt this morning. Was headed to a spot and on the way I noticed a small public wildlife area. I knew this was close to large Bay that had some of the earliest settlement in my area. On the way in I got a deep signal and dug what I think is a Suspender piece. I got down by the water and noticed it was low tide and there was nice looking shoreline to hunt. Anybody knows the T2 does not love water but it did fine today. One of my first signals turned out to be my first Cufflink. After cleaning it a bit it looks as if it has CW or GW on it. Any thoughts are welcomed. I'm happy to have my first link.
One of my other signals was a tubular
lead piece. I have no idea what it could be and would love to know.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Upvote 5

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting stuff, good work.

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The tubular piece might be an Indian decorative piece, perhaps worn around the neck, (just guessing). The cufflink also has a design on it, but cannot make out what it is, further delicate cleaning might reveal the pattern, almost like a sunburst. Not sure on GW or CW, but it is a very interesting cufflink.
Don

OP
OP
Ahab8

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The tubular piece might be an Indian decorative piece, perhaps worn around the neck, (just guessing). The cufflink also has a design on it, but cannot make out what it is, further delicate cleaning might reveal the pattern, almost like a sunburst. Not sure on GW or CW, but it is a very interesting cufflink. Don
Thanks Don. I would love to know more about the tubular piece. I'd be psyched if it was a Native American piece. As for the cuff link I will see if I can clean it a bit more and get a better close up pic

Erving

Apr 27, 2013
Massachusetts
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice find on the cuff link. The tubular piece looks like it might be a home made sinker. The marks on both sides of the drilled hole looks like the were made from putting the piece in a vice to drill the hole. JMO

OP
OP
Ahab8

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find on the cuff link. The tubular piece looks like it might be a home made sinker. The marks on both sides of the drilled hole looks like the were made from putting the piece in a vice to drill the hole. JMO
I think you may be right . The marks certainly look like it was in a vice

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think you may be right . The marks certainly look like it was in a vice
Somehow I missed you saying lead for the tubular piece, so I retract my Indian statement and agree more along the lines of a home made sinker. :)

OP
OP
Ahab8

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It looks totally different depending on orientation and lighting.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Greylock

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2012
Western MA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds there bud. Hope ya figure out whats on that cuff button. Looks pretty cool. That piece of lead is different too. Wonder what the little marks on the side are. a design or maybe what they used to hold it with while they taped the holes. Is there a hole that goes through the length of it?

Helix

Bronze Member
Jul 27, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett gti 2500, Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice cuff link. Third pic other then suspender kind of reminds me of one of those divot repair tools golfers carry. Looks much older then something like that would be though.

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
cool cuff link

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Abe, is the cufflink gold?

OP
OP
Ahab8

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Abe, is the cufflink gold?
Honestly not sure bud. Gonna have it tested tomorrow. It doesn't seem to look brass or copper but I'm no expert. Hopefully I can find out tomorrow

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The copper-alloy cufflink looks like it had a simple zizzag type pattern, which may have rubbed off around the edge as well as being present in the centre.
I agree the lead looks like a homemade sinker or maybe a strange jig.

OP
OP
Ahab8

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The copper-alloy cufflink looks like it had a simple zizzag type pattern, which may have rubbed off around the edge as well as being present in the centre. I agree the lead looks like a homemade sinker or maybe a strange jig.
Thank you Cru! Always appreciate knowing exactly what I have

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds. Hope the link is gold!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to go Abe! That cuff link is fantastic. Congrats. :thumbsup:
-Doug-

OP
OP
Ahab8

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
Ahab8

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to go Abe! That cuff link is fantastic. Congrats. :thumbsup: -Doug-
Thanks Doug. Always thought it would be a tough one to find so I'm happy to have it

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread