Found my first real treasure!!!!!!!!!!!! Yepeeehhhhhhh (NEWS....not really :-( )

aleman

Feb 17, 2007
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mark 2
It all started with the fact tat I woke up at 3am and felt the urge of going on a hunt before work. So I went down to my beach. After a whole lot of coins the time went by and I was ready to go back home to et ready for work. So i decided to start walking with a big sweep,...so if i hit anything (hardly a chance,right?) I could dig some more on the way. The I had a weird signal. short one way and real long the other. I almost didn't dig it because I was sure it was another bolt. I dug it and it was.............. good thing i checked the hole again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I found a beautiful 18K Sapphire Ring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Does anybody have any experience with the Hallmarks? As far as I can tell it's 18K from the Birmingham area. Is that right? Wow what a morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
aleman

Attachments

• Sapphire Ring.jpg
    Sapphire Ring.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 13,014
  • Hallmark.jpg
    Hallmark.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 12,936
Upvote 0

Beechfork

Greenie
Jun 26, 2006
Durham, NC
Re: Found my first real treasure!!!!!!!!!!!! Yepeeehhhhhhh

Jim was right about the 18 K hallmark and the Birmingham Assay Office hallmark...The lower cas "a" with clipped corners is the hall mark for the years 2000-2024.
I would take the ring to an appraiser. Looks like you have diamonds and saphires plus 18K gold.
This is not a cheap ring. ;)
Beech

bogeymcq

Dec 3, 2006
Southern Maryland
Detector(s) used
Presently mental, not metal

:o Absolutely positively gorgeous & breathtaking! :o

Congrats on such an amazing find! ;D

Bogart :D

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

WOW...Look at that honker! Nice job!

OP
OP
aleman

aleman

Feb 17, 2007
Detector(s) used

Thanx for all the posts people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I sure feel good. Even though I had a rough week at work I can't get the smile from my face :) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Looks like 1900 is in competition with 2000! ... I'll find out,

what I noticed is that it has a very neatly worked inside. I take that as a sign of real good quality. I've seen many Rings before where inside didnt seem to have gotten much attention in the making!!!!!!!!!!!!! see the pic...............

aleman

Attachments

• back ring.jpg
    back ring.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 10,688

whitesid

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2006
earth
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

:o awesome find

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana

I first ID'd it at 1900

Then I agreed that it was 2000...

EITHER WAY I'M RIGHT!!! ;D ;D 8)

STW

Feb 23, 2007
Detector(s) used
MXT-6000 di pro

wow beautiful ring wtg

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x

How about a rough estimate on its value??

OP
OP
aleman

aleman

Feb 17, 2007
Detector(s) used

texan connection said:
How about a rough estimate on its value??

Yea!!!!!!!!! Anybody an idea??? I'm not sure when I'll be able to take it to ajeweler. I for sure will, and will let you guys know! But if anybody has an idea...............

OP
OP
aleman

aleman

Feb 17, 2007
Detector(s) used

it's a size 6 Ring..........

bookfisher

Bronze Member
Jun 18, 2005
Long Island, New York

WHAT AN ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL RING! GREAT FIND! AS TO THE AGE, IN MY OPINION, IT'S A MODERN DESIGN AND NOT FROM 1900.

Functional

Feb 16, 2007
Okanagan Valley, British Columbia, Canada
Detector(s) used
A Compass Magnum 420 recently brought back to life. And an untested "in the wild" Teknetics.

aleman said:
Looks like 1900 is in competition with 2000! ... I'll find out,
what I noticed is that it has a very neatly worked inside. I take that as a sign of real good quality. I've seen many Rings before where inside didnt seem to have gotten much attention in the making!!!!!!!!!!!!! see the pic...............

aleman

Looks like you could use one of these:
http://www.wholesale-scales.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=18&products_id=12
And if your going to keep finding treasures like that, they have alot of other products that should be useful to you. If it were me, I'd be going back to the same spot and digging deeper. :D

F.

DJ_Quinn

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2005
Southeastern Ireland

whitesid said:
:o awesome find

You've hit the nail on the head, that's a very good quality ring. So much of the jewelry in the UK is only 9 k. That's an excellent find, congratulations and I hope his wife enjoys it!

dr-quest

Feb 25, 2007
Nova Scotia Canada
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Gold, Whites XLT,Tesoro Stingray ll,Whites Surfmaster ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hello again Aleman.OK lets just put this year 2000 thing to rest.Like I said earlier the use of shielda from previous years was very common with early silver and gold markings.The style of the ring is definately right for late 1800`s early 1900`s.The deciding factor is the cut of the stones.Rather then boring everyone with the progression of stone cutting there is a huge difference in gem cutting from 1900 to 2000.Even in the picture you can see how the facets are far from even on the right side diamong.The table is very clear.Modern cuts are perfectly symetrical.These are definately old cut stones.Below the first picture is a ring fron 1898 with the indentical mark as yours just a different date letter.The extra touchmark on the left in the one photographed ,you can see the outline where your ring had that also but has since worn off.The second ring pictured is 1880.Below is a chart of various cutting types.Like I said before,its the real deal and if anyone wants to buy it for the price of a new ring........Run.Sorry cant appraise it without knowing the stone quality ,but it will please you for sure ;D

Attachments

• ring1.jpg
    ring1.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 10,077
  • ring2.jpg
    ring2.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 10,008
  • ring3.jpg
    ring3.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 9,943
OP
OP
aleman

aleman

Feb 17, 2007
Detector(s) used

Hello dr-quest,
Thank you very much for your information. I'll definetly take it to a jeweler and find out! I acctually didn't think t was possible it was from 1900, but it sounds like it is.

Thank you everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS

That ring sure looks pretty at the top of the page! It is a real treasure, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread