Found my first real treasure!!!!!!!!!!!! Yepeeehhhhhhh (NEWS....not really :-( )

aleman

Feb 17, 2007
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mark 2
It all started with the fact tat I woke up at 3am and felt the urge of going on a hunt before work. So I went down to my beach. After a whole lot of coins the time went by and I was ready to go back home to et ready for work. So i decided to start walking with a big sweep,...so if i hit anything (hardly a chance,right?) I could dig some more on the way. The I had a weird signal. short one way and real long the other. I almost didn't dig it because I was sure it was another bolt. I dug it and it was.............. good thing i checked the hole again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I found a beautiful 18K Sapphire Ring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Does anybody have any experience with the Hallmarks? As far as I can tell it's 18K from the Birmingham area. Is that right? Wow what a morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
aleman

Attachments

• Sapphire Ring.jpg
    Sapphire Ring.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 13,014
  • Hallmark.jpg
    Hallmark.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 12,936
Upvote 0
OP
OP
aleman

aleman

Feb 17, 2007
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mark 2
Re: Found my first real treasure!!!!!!!!!!!! Yepeeehhhhhhh NEWS

Hello everybody,
I did some work, but didn't get far. I took the ring to a antiques shop, and had the owner look at it. He said right from the beginning it was old, 1900 and so on... But then what supprised me was that he thought it was very nice, and probably worth 300-400US :-\ ??? . I really didn't think that's enough. Then I looked around in the shop and he had a very similar ring from 1913 that he was selling for 530US. So these rings are quite a lot cheaper than I thought, or what is going on. For that prize I cant even buy a new one. Then I went on my vacation to germany. I took the ring along, and showed it to a "jeweler" (thats what bhe sais) and he didnt even have a clue with the hallmarks and said that to him it looks like a cast ring, and casting wasn't done till 1950. So,.... All I know now that it is a very very beautiful ring that I will definetly keep, because for that prize I would never sell it. To me it's worth at least ten times as much,.....

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you,... was on vacation!!!!! :)

aleman

rockyredbaron

Jul 20, 2005
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTAx 1000 and Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GET IT APPRAISED..AND PUT IT ON YOUR FINGER !!! AND KEEP IT THERE !!!! I'D BE INTERESTED TO KNOW THE VALUE !

DJ_Quinn

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2005
Southeastern Ireland
Re: Found my first real treasure!!!!!!!!!!!! Yepeeehhhhhhh NEWS

aleman said:
Hello everybody,
I did some work, but didn't get far. I took the ring to a antiques shop, and had the owner look at it. He said right from the beginning it was old, 1900 and so on... But then what supprised me was that he thought it was very nice, and probably worth 300-400US :-\ ??? . I really didn't think that's enough. Then I looked around in the shop and he had a very similar ring from 1913 that he was selling for 530US. So these rings are quite a lot cheaper than I thought, or what is going on. For that prize I cant even buy a new one. Then I went on my vacation to germany. I took the ring along, and showed it to a "jeweler" (thats what bhe sais) and he didnt even have a clue with the hallmarks and said that to him it looks like a cast ring, and casting wasn't done till 1950. So,.... All I know now that it is a very very beautiful ring that I will definetly keep, because for that prize I would never sell it. To me it's worth at least ten times as much,.....

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you,... was on vacation!!!!! :)

aleman

That's a jewelers price to you, they would put a mark-up on it to sell it. If that otehr jeweler has a similar one for $520, I would have a look and compare the quality of the stones.
The few rings that I've found, I've kept. If I found a newer diamond ring worth $$$$$$, I'd probably sell it, but considering what you would get for a vintage ring vs. what it's worth to me after spending the time detecting for it, I would rather keep it.
That brings me up to a question about motivation for metald detecting, does anybody do it to make money? I meen, sure, I dream about the burried treasure, but I've never sold anything that I've found. I'm just cutious about how other members approach our wonderfull hobby. Fair play to anyone lucky enough to find enough jewelry or valuable coins, I just don't go out with that sort of expectation because those finds are very rare for me.

C

copperrae

Beautful ring!!!

I'm just a newbe but I would sure love to see something like that at the bottom of my hole!!!!

Attachments

• detector black.JPG
    detector black.JPG
    31.7 KB · Views: 548

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats a beauty!

coolio

May 10, 2007
Ontario, Canada
Re: Found my first real treasure!!!!!!!!!!!! Yepeeehhhhhhh (NEWS....not really :

Love to find that. Hate to be the person who lost it.

WOW

coinsearcher

Feb 27, 2008
Central, CA.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro W/ SunRay probe
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I could use some of that luck! Very nice ring! you are my hero!
Brian

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice gold ring!!!!!!! MR TUFF

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions