Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It was as usual, very hot, I have been trying very hard to use the all metal mode on the Gold but it does gets annoying after a while. I dug the usual foil, cans, big washer as well as a giant nut that had to come off a dozer. Finally dug a little clad and thought I might be digging up a zincoid (the signal was bouncy) when up came this wadded up spoon. The spoon was very soft, I was able to semi straighten it out with my fingers and seemed ornate through the crud. After I got home, I straightened it some more and cleaned it somewhat, enough to see the lily pads with flower on the stem On the back side I could just make out STERLING TRIPLE..... wasn't sure if there was any more writing. As soft as this thing is, I think has to be copper, it is hard to see how anyone could have used it unless it was the silver plating that strengthened it. I know that it is most likely a very common item but for me it is kind of cool, a piece of someone's past. Sorry that the pics aren't that great, we tried. thanks for looking. View attachment 1019961
View attachment 1019958 .

Upvote 3

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great_find.gif
Anything you pull out of the ground is a great find! Thanks for sharing...

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It maybe soft from being in the ground, does a number on certain metals.
Nice find! Looks to be some what older, any way to date it?

prolab69

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2007
in the stix of NY
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Fisher CZ-3D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i found 5 old spoons this morning, thier now laying next to an old maple tree at my site, I would have taken them with me but i needed the pocket room for better finds.

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'm sure someone can date it, most of the plating was gone, the metal was like soft wire, very easy to bend, too easy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread