Go ahead and laugh

swatty

Jul 3, 2014
Schuylkill County Pa.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Draw II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My first time taking the QD II off the farm. I spent an hour at a open to public park in the woods. The first cash find I have, isn't much, but it's still nice finding some money.
100_0913.JPG

Upvote 12

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This is how it all begins. Keep diggin'.

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Won't find me laughing. Yep,keep on diggin.

sponge

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2012
Florida
Change becomes dollars. dollars become tens. tens become twenties. then you go buy some rum. Yarrrrrrr

sponge using smoke signals.

kyleeskastles

Jun 21, 2014
birthplace of texas
Detector(s) used
BH sharpshooter II, BH pioneer 202, garrett csi pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
about like my first hunt too, and those thereafter lol. Just keep hunting your bound to find something big sooner or later

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep digging, no laughing, if you want to laugh watch me wallow around in the water/lake trying to find treasure! Pretty sight!

deldave

Jul 9, 2013
coastal Delaware
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, ACE 250, pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice assortment! Keep swinging and posting. I used to live in the Auburn area but wasn't md at the time. Good hunting!

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why would I laugh? I've done far worse- a hand full of pop tops, and "half" a corroded zinc, count 'em..half! Not even a whole coin!

You have coins, bullets, interesting iron pieces, and a strip of metal.
Keep swinging and you'll get the good stuff! GL. HH!

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
don't know how many times that I didn't even get a zincoid and would have happier to have found that. The more we swing, the more we find... well some of us anyways...LOL

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
:laughing7: Heck one day I hit two sites last year and could not get a single cent. It happens. Your finds are wholly acceptable on those kinds of days. Congrats on the firsts and on breaking out. Happy hunting.

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You did better than I did today. There was a storm brewing and in the limited time I had before it busted loose I dug up at least 6 pop tops, an old washer and several deeply buried soda cans.

In fact, this is the first time in weeks I haven't found at least a crummy zinc penny so you've got plenty of company.

Like everything else we do, we'll have good days and not so good days (there are no bad days because any day you can take a breath of air is a wonderfully fantastic day and another brand new opportunity for something great to happen).

Also keep in mind that even digging up trash is good practice. You always learn something even if you don't happen to find any treasure.

So tomorrow we dig again.

dahut

Nov 6, 2004
Lee's Tavern Road
Detector(s) used
21 years behind a coil

Fisher F70
Bounty Hunter Lone Star
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No reason to laugh. Welcome to the next step, and to the fraternity of SUCCESSFUL Detectorists.

THAT TRASH is what they rarely tell you about, and what is generally the hardest thing to accept.
There is far more trash out there than you yet know. Behind every good find is a mound of junk, another part of the untold story.
Don't talk yourself down; you're doing the dance. When you don't have treasure to show, be proud of the trash.

Sent from my mobile device using Tapatalk

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
If you laugh, then the tears won't stream down your cheeks as badly.

You found coins, next time you will find more coins... and so on. Dahut is correct, you will dig mounds of trash. If you dig 100 holes and get 40 coins, you are doing pretty good, IMO. The other 60 holes will have trash in them... that is just the way it is... and if you don't don't dig the trash, you WILL miss some good targets.

The most important thing is have fun. Every time you go out, it will get a little better. Enjoy yourself!
GL&HH!

OP
OP
swatty

swatty

Jul 3, 2014
Schuylkill County Pa.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Draw II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks all, really, I'm loving every minute of it. I was tickled to find some coinage. I built my house on a 100+ year old farm field and have been digging rusty iron for a little while, I'm amazed how many targets I find on my property.

mariposagold

Bronze Member
May 1, 2012
Mariposa, California. USA
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro, Classic SL, Bullseye II Probe, Garrett Groundhog.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha
Seriously, I found some interesting pieces of scrap iron in my early months. Stuff I likely wouldn't even dig now. The Shells, I have an area I could go right now, and find nothing but shells. 22's 9mm, Shotgun shells. I could probably make some money with recycled brass just from this one spot.

And any time I find a penny, I know I'm in the right place. Because if people dropped pennies, they've also dropped other coins.

After a few months of digging trash and maybe a few clad coins, my first silver emerged. A 1919 Merc. Eventually, an 11 gram gold ring, then other goodies.

So keep on keep'in on. Get out there and learn your machine and your area. The goods are yet to come.

HH
MariposaGold

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread