2 great days...Silver, wheaties, silver...Gold and diamonds!

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
Went to a favorite park 3 days ago for a short hunt because it is huge and close to me to look for more gold jewelry.
Dedicated in 1964, always looked for silver coins but no matter what I did or where I hunted in this 1600 acre park, never could find one.
Found a good amount of gold and silver jewelry though, and clad galore so I consider this my jewelry park.
Decided to put the sniper coil on the F70, go low and slow...really slow, and stay under trees out of the sun and just dig good number targets and trash targets that were solid, not super jumpy.
Looking for gold rings mostly, as always.

I went slow as possible in a well hunted, (by me) area and just dug those solid and good targets.
Found clad I had missed in the past, a small silver ring, a 1957 nickel then 3 50's wheaties which was unusual, so then I started looking and hoping for more wheaties but found my first silver coin from this park instead...a target that I have been looking for since I started hunting this park in 2012.

So yesterday I went back to the same area to continue to look for more silver coins and found no wheaties, no silver coins, just another fricken 10k white gold and diamond ring.

Some days you just can't catch a break!

I am gonna have to have a little talk with my F70 soon.
One of us is falling down in the goal setting department...or at least the goal setting vs. actual results department.
Don't know where we went so off track but one of us needs to tighten up, get it together and make an effort to get on the same page.

Just kidding of course...thrilled to have found my third gold target for this year, especially since I am not actively looking for that elusive metal like in seasons past.

7.5 grams of white 10k gold, missing a diamond so it goes in the ARA pile for melt.

A solid 34-34-34 on the F70, similar to a weird pull tab I had to dig all day that came in between 31 and 34 also, but most of those jumped between 2 numbers or so which I consider stable on the over sensitive F series detectors.
This thing never wavered, and well within my criteria to dig all solid signals no matter where they come in.
Once again totally surprised by gold...love those kind of surprises!
Glad I have that rule, glad I followed it and dug this signal because of it.

Attachments

• P1050183.jpg
    P1050183.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 137
  • gold diamonds.jpg
    gold diamonds.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 125
Upvote 5

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your rule is a good one ! I use that same idea too when searching trashy parks that have gold jewelry potential .

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
love those kind of surprises!

OP
OP
digger27

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
Went back to the same area at the same site and this time setting my sights on silver coins or more gold.
Missed the mark AGAIN, but did come away with this size 11.5 very nice silver ring.

Gonna cool it on the goalsetting at this park.
It ain't working all that good lately, anyway.
Whatever comes out of the dirt for me in the near future will be fine and dandy.

Attachments

• P1050192.jpg
    P1050192.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hate when those stupid gold rings and silver rings get in the way of me finding my beloved pulltabs and clad.......

:laughing7:

lol, awesome digs!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread