Minelab Equinox 800 (current)
Garrett AT PRO
White's Prizm 5G

Garrett Pro-Pointer AT (current)
Garrett CSI Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey All,
So today, I decided to hit a field near my neighborhood. I have been wanting to go for awhile, but other spots have taken precendence. In any case, I told my wife to call when it was time to come home for dinner. She eventually called after digging nothing, but trash. I said, "okay, right after this last hole".

I dug it down to about 5 inches and dropped out what looks like an enfield. What gets me is there is no patina. I have found 3 other CW era bullets maybe 200 yards away in my yard, but never one that was essentially shiny. Has anyone else found bullets in particular with little to no white patina?

P1140710.JPG P1140711.JPG P1140713.JPG

Upvote 2

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep...... it happens. Don't know what causes it but have dug some in Middle TN that were the same. Sure looks like an enfield and oddly enough I think the ones we found were as well. Even think I still have them in a display. Congrats on ya shiny find my friend and HH.

OP
OP
D

dirtTick

Jul 7, 2014
Johns Island, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
White's Prizm 5G

Garrett CSI Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool thanks! The only thing I noticed was the soil was very dark/black in comparison the the rest of the area is typically brown/red. Will certainly investigate further when dinner isn't on the table.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sometimes the acidity like around pines will keep the relics like that or darker. If it is found in water it will look like it was put there yesterday. Nice enfield. I would rather dig one of those then a 3 ringer any day.
Welcome to T-NET !

CSA2K

Jan 24, 2012
Winchester VA
Detector(s) used
This Minelab and this Pro-Pointer.. and that's all I need
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
European nations added zinc which results in less oxidation

OP
OP
D

dirtTick

Jul 7, 2014
Johns Island, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
White's Prizm 5G

Garrett CSI Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
D

dirtTick

Jul 7, 2014
Johns Island, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
White's Prizm 5G

Garrett CSI Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sometimes the acidity like around pines will keep the relics like that or darker. If it is found in water it will look like it was put there yesterday. Nice enfield. I would rather dig one of those then a 3 ringer any day.
Welcome to T-NET !

Thanks for the welcome. Finally done lurking, and want to start making some posts. Seems like a good place to be.

Cool, good to know. Kinda cool finding one without the white patina. I look forward to the next one, heh.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread