Found a new site today!

F

free2Dtect

Well i was going to an older site just to detect. I noticed a house torn down an i pulled over and went to ask. Was given the go ahead. All i got was 3 nickels 4 cents 1 wheat a 1919S. The place looks unpromising with sand. I was told it had no basement. The sand layer in spots is only a couple of inches thick. I'll be back with my shovel tomarrow, I plan to dig all signals, then refill the holes. It well be ok cause they are going to scoup it out and put a sand pit in it for volleyball. Plan to try out the big DD 1400. Should be some fun.

Upvote 0

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats & Good Luck Free

varmint

Jan 23, 2005
Lawrenceville, GA
Sounds like you are getting some pretty good opportunities to get out these days.

Best of luck, and I hope your next post has you showing off some gold coins!

(I mean, why NOT?!? Think positive!!)

DAS

D

Darod

Good luck over there!

Hey, if you get a chance and take a camera with you next time,....take a pic of the site so we can be there with ya :) in spirit anyhow :)

Rod

scavenger

Oct 21, 2004
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre (Soon to be teknetics T2SE)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
good luck. after they put the VB pit it you can detect there too :)

corncrasher

Jan 14, 2005
Idaho
Detector(s) used
DFX
I have the DD 1400. I've only used it once and truthfully liked the stock one better, but i think it's just what I'm use to. Next time I get to an area without so much trash I'm going to give another try. I'll be glad to hear your opinion on it and how deep you get.

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds promising! Post some pics of the finds!

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
What's the weather like up there f2D?

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any word on the new site? Any finds worth posting!? Come on now- you've got us all in suspense! lol

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well ? How did you make out ? We're Waiting? ;D Semi-patiently that is? :D Hope your doin' great there ; jeff

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You gotta get out there detecting Free ( "Push peoples Buttons" ? ) that phrase tells me your getting CABIN FEAVER ;)

S

sal1966

whats the approach to detecting a construction site. wait till work is done for the day or talk to the arrogant workers ;D. maybe throw in some beer :D. NO COMMENT FREE2DTECT. I KNOW YOURS IS SWEET TALKING THEM. :P

V

Vingamel

F2D, do you find new sites by just driving around and looking, or do you have some inside scoops? My father is the property manager for a large suburb of KC, so he gives me lots of "heads up" on stuff going on 'round town.

williefire

Feb 11, 2005
Statesboro Georgia
Whats up Free,
One thing I've learned when doing old houses is always ask where the clothesline was. That is "THE" place for anything that could or would fall out a pair of pants hung upside down.I have found so much stuff under clotheslines. Just thought I would tell Ya....L8TER, WWH

S

SASQUASH

If you can find where the out house was there is allways good stuff to find there just a lot of digging to get to it. I like digging ERRRR. I need to go shave my back now need to look human for CHURCH. SQUASH.

C

Copper

free2Dtect said:
Got to get back to listing things on EBAY. EBAY tip list good junk! Make money everybody happy! :D

Do show us what you find once the ground is soft enough.

Ebay is a decease...A most enjoyable decease. My wife told me the other day she's going to lower the max on our credit card. She thinks I'm an ebay addict! And as usual, she's right ::)

The wonderful wonderful world of ebay! It just don't get no better than that (except detecting).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread