🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went out after work to one of my old sites. Being it's been hit pretty hard by me in the past, I decided today I would dig anything. My second target was an awfull sounding one, bounced from iron nail up to a quarter. But a consistent bounce, so I dug it. My first gold ring and a good one at that. Stamped Tiffany & CO with some kind of reddish image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg stone. Really dark gold so maybe 18, 22k? Gonna take it to a jeweler to check. Thanks for looking, Mike

Upvote 25
OP
OP
MrMikeJackie

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
18kt victorian,maybe.imgoing to say its a banner find,id take it to tiffanys.not just any body
Banner, wow thanks man. I'll def take it to Tiffany's and get more info.

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy crap, 8-)

:icon_scratch: Step one finding it, Step two determining a maker, step three make sure its the real deal and not counterfeit. Step five contact Tiffany see if they can identity it and appraise it. ??? If genuine your looking at several times retail value. If its T & CO. its going to be very valuable. :headbang: Its going to have a real ruby or stone, its not going to be a cheap stone. Its going to be almost flawless, the gold the stone and the craftsmanship.
Its like getting a Rolex, they have high standards. Amazing find !! :occasion14:

Keep @ it and HH !! :hello2:

OP
OP
MrMikeJackie

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Holy crap, 8-)

:icon_scratch: Step one finding it, Step two determining a maker, step three make sure its the real deal and not counterfeit. Step five contact Tiffany see if they can identity it and appraise it. ??? If genuine your looking at several times retail value. If its T & CO. its going to be very valuable. :headbang: Its going to have a real ruby or stone, its not going to be a cheap stone. Its going to be almost flawless, the gold the stone and the craftsmanship.
Its like getting a Rolex, they have high standards. Amazing find !! :occasion14:

You guys got me pumped! There's a Tiffany & co not far from me. Will go there tomm.

HenryWaltonJonesJr

Sep 2, 2013
Downtown Chicago
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, AT Pro, Compadre, SeaHunter II, AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you've a suit put it on, at least something business casual. You'll be taken much more seriously than in hunting gear! That is the kind of find this is to be brought back home to Tiffany! Congrats!

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Unbelievable find. You may want to keep hitting that spot too.
It just goes to show, no location is ever really "hunted out" or at least, you can never really assume that it is.

OP
OP
MrMikeJackie

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Unbelievable find. You may want to keep hitting that spot too.
It just goes to show, no location is ever really "hunted out" or at least, you can never really assume that it is.
Isn't that the truth. And I truly believe there's more there. A lot more iron I'm going to have to remove.

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Isn't that the truth. And I truly believe there's more there. A lot more iron I'm going to have to remove.

Well, after a find like that and with you believing there's more there, you'll probably actually enjoy removing every scrap of iron.

dirtTick

Jul 7, 2014
Johns Island, SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 (current)
Garrett AT PRO
White's Prizm 5G

Garrett Pro-Pointer AT (current)
Garrett CSI Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seriously can't wait to hear the news! Great find!

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, :BangHead:

I can't stop thinking about this ring. :icon_scratch: I just want you aware it could be counterfeit, but I don't think so. :dontknow: I don't want you heartbroken later. It looks old, maybe pre 1930's or Victorian. Tiffany's may offer to buy it back from you but I'd likely refuse the first few offers you get. 8-) I'd love to see a photo of the marks if you can. ??? Please tell us right away what Tiffany's say's :thumbsup:

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, cool find cannot wait to see outcome of trip to tiffany s

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very beautiful ring, the kind dreams are made of

OP
OP
MrMikeJackie

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow, :BangHead:

I can't stop thinking about this ring. :icon_scratch: I just want you aware it could be counterfeit, but I don't think so. :dontknow: I don't want you heartbroken later. It looks old, maybe pre 1930's or Victorian. Tiffany's may offer to buy it back from you but I'd likely refuse the first few offers you get. 8-) I'd love to see a photo of the marks if you can. ??? Please tell us right away what Tiffany's say's :thumbsup:

Well let's see, an 1876 seated quarter, two 1700's Chinese coins, many flat buttons, sterling silver English thimble, tons of 1800's Indians, many relics, and a friend who took a 178? Conn copper. The site is about half the size of a basketball court across from an 1800 Victorian house. I'm crossing my fingers that it's real, but pretty sure it is. How much do you think this ring is worth? Now I'm getting anxious.

OP
OP
MrMikeJackie

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Please guys, if there's anything I shouldn't do tell me now:)

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well let's see, an 1876 seated quarter, two 1700's Chinese coins, many flat buttons, sterling silver English thimble, tons of 1800's Indians, many relics, and a friend who took a 178? Conn copper. The site is about half the size of a basketball court across from an 1800 Victorian house. I'm crossing my fingers that it's real, but pretty sure it is. How much do you think this ring is worth? Now I'm getting anxious.

I don't know its very hard to appraise. :icon_scratch: At the very least melt value x 3 or 4 plus the value of the natural stone. ??? As is and as a modern Tiffany piece maybe a few $k. At the very most it could be a signature antique, value... Unknown !?? :dontknow:

I'll keep my figures crossed !! :headbang: Make sure whoever appraises is aware you have some idea of the value. :thumbsup: They are less likely to take advantage of you, even Tiffany's may try to buy it back for a low ball offer. :BangHead:

I hope you the best ! 8-)

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please guys, if there's anything I shouldn't do tell me now:)

1. Get a few opinions before you accept ANY truth.
2. If its appraised over $5k get it insured and an official appraisal.
3. Put it in a safe place.

OP
OP
MrMikeJackie

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used