🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went out after work to one of my old sites. Being it's been hit pretty hard by me in the past, I decided today I would dig anything. My second target was an awfull sounding one, bounced from iron nail up to a quarter. But a consistent bounce, so I dug it. My first gold ring and a good one at that. Stamped Tiffany & CO with some kind of reddish image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg stone. Really dark gold so maybe 18, 22k? Gonna take it to a jeweler to check. Thanks for looking, Mike

Upvote 25

Goldiver

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Fremont, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Fisher F-75 LTD2, CZ-70, CZ-21, 1280x, Vibraprobe 560, Minelab Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man that is a beauty, and a Tiffany....SCORE!

Steve

HCW

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2007
Metro west ,Boston
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Whites MXT "retired"
If I were you, I would contact Tiffany's in N.Y. and see if they can date it first of all.
Just my 2cents.

OP
OP
MrMikeJackie

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If I were you, I would contact Tiffany's in N.Y. and see if they can date it first of all.
Just my 2cents.
Going right after work, there's one close to my house.

OP
OP
MrMikeJackie

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We'll Tiffany & co wasn't much help. They want $500 just to look a it, and all they would provide is date of manufacture and the artist. No appraisal, nor who it was sold to. He did say it genuine and very pretty but nothing else. Now what?

TheCoinKid

Apr 16, 2013
Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
Check around and see if you can get a recommendation on a mom and pop jeweler that you can trust. See what they have to say.

At a minimum, you should be able to find out the gold content and ID the stone.

In any event, GREAT FIND. Congrats.

TCK

ynpto804

Jan 23, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Sun-ray X-5 coil and X-1 Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We'll Tiffany & co wasn't much help. They want $500 just to look a it, and all they would provide is date of manufacture and the artist. No appraisal, nor who it was sold to. He did say it genuine and very pretty but nothing else. Now what?

Bulls#*^

OP
OP
MrMikeJackie

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yup! And they would do an archival search but would not give me an appraisal. He did however insist on knowing where I got it from however. I don't believe I fit the discription of someone that should be in that store let alone have a ring like that in my possession. A little disappointed. Maybe I'll take it to some kind of estate appraiser.

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ring appraisals shouldn't be more than $100 or closer to $50. You might be able to take it to a reputable antique dealer who has knowledge of jewelry, but if you plan to sell it or keep and insure it you will need an appraisal.

Butter Hat

Apr 6, 2014
In ur innerwebz
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Antiques Road Show?

unfound

Apr 15, 2014
Western Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 350,
BH Tracker IV,
Garret Pro Pointer,
Lesche Sampson Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've seen on this site before about others who had contacted tiffany and got the same answer. they want big dollars to verify what they already know. I'd just take it to a local jeweler and ask for an appraisal. You can always say it was grandmas ring and you need appraisal for insurance company and they will give you a replacement value. We just took three 14k gold rings from an estate to have the same thing done. Easy Peasy !!! PS: do not leave the ring with them, or out of your sight, they can do the checking and appraise it right there. If they say otherwise, go to another jeweler. You have a potentially very valuable ring there, so several appraisals would be better.

OP
OP
MrMikeJackie

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've seen on this site before about others who had contacted tiffany and got the same answer. they want big dollars to verify what they already know. I'd just take it to a local jeweler and ask for an appraisal. You can always say it was grandmas ring and you need appraisal for insurance company and they will give you a replacement value. We just took three 14k gold rings from an estate to have the same thing done. Easy Peasy !!! PS: do not leave the ring with them, or out of your sight, they can do the checking and appraise it right there. If they say otherwise, go to another jeweler. You have a potentially very valuable ring there, so several appraisals would be better.
Thanks, will do. There is an antique shop that specializes in jewelry close to home. He supposedly does a lot of estate appraisals.

unfound

Apr 15, 2014
Western Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 350,
BH Tracker IV,
Garret Pro Pointer,
Lesche Sampson Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
" it was a consistant bounce so I dug it "

That's to funny, I do the same thing.

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i bet they know it is old,i thought tiffany would at least clean it for ya.

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh well, :dontknow:

Yeah, just take it to someone else. :thumbsup: Like I said have a few people look at it. :headbang:

Keep @ it and HH !! :hello2:

OP
OP
MrMikeJackie

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
i bet they know it is old,i thought tiffany would at least clean it for ya.
I'm sure they would, if I had on a pink shirt, white shorts, and pulled up in a convertible BMW.:laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread