πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went out after work to one of my old sites. Being it's been hit pretty hard by me in the past, I decided today I would dig anything. My second target was an awfull sounding one, bounced from iron nail up to a quarter. But a consistent bounce, so I dug it. My first gold ring and a good one at that. Stamped Tiffany & CO with some kind of reddish image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg stone. Really dark gold so maybe 18, 22k? Gonna take it to a jeweler to check. Thanks for looking, Mike

Upvote 25

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
whatever you do do not get in a hurry to sell it.find out who at tiffanys made it if you can.you could just send pictures to auction house's like christies,sotherbys,bet they would email back.i still say its a banner find,and more than likely one of a kind.oh thought about the fee from them and it may not be all that bad,but i think it is a high dollar ring,mind i said think,but to have papers on it is only going to help it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
MrMikeJackie

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
whatever you do do not get in a hurry to sell it.find out who at tiffanys made it if you can.you could just send pictures to auction house's like christies,sotherbys,bet they would email back.i still say its a banner find,and more than likely one of a kind.oh thought about the fee from them and it may not be all that bad,but i think it is a high dollar ring,mind i said think,but to have papers on it is only going to help it.
I will def keep everyone up to date on this, and appreciate how much support I'm receiving. Thanks again for the banner vote.

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From my own research this ring is from the mid to late 1800's. I agree, the family is prob long gone by now. But, I feel I kinda know who it belonged to. The original Victorian house is still there, inside a preserve. The house belonged to the owner of a huge duck farm on Long Island. That's all I can say for now and is probably too much info already. But that's okay, I'm not greedy! One of these days I'll put together everything I've found there and show you guys. A lot of personal objects that I believe belonged to that family. I've been putting together a shadow box to showcase most of those finds to which I will present to the historical society in that preserve. The ring however, well, I might keep that one :)

That's like returning a Christmas gift. :laughing7: Haha. No, as I said its your ring. :dontknow: If you want to return it its your choice and that's very noble. 8-) However before you hand it off to just anyone. Try and see if they can tell you what it looks like ahead of time. Maybe show grandmother wearing it in a picture so your more sure your returning it to the right person. :thumbsup: I still can't wait to here the appraisal, all the best !! :notworthy:

Keep @ it and HH !! :hello2:

Madzen23

Tenderfoot
Jul 24, 2014
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent Find

What a great find. Congrats! :occasion14:

This will give me a little more inspiration on those iffy signals, of which my regular sites have plenty. :treasurechest:

Happy Hunting!

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
By the way congratulations. I did think of another way they may do the archive search for free. Tell them you are planning on writing an article for one of the metal detecting magazines and you would like to include as much information about the ring as possible. There are lots of people that metal detect and find T & Co. stuff (although usually newer stuff) that may not know about their archival services...lol. Nothing wrong with a little pro bono publico.

NJ

unfound

Apr 15, 2014
Western Pa
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 350,
BH Tracker IV,
Garret Pro Pointer,
Lesche Sampson Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just for information purposes: It's $200.00 dollars a ticket to get into the antiques roadshow show when they are traveling. Most of the items you see on TV are pre arranged to be there before you see it on TV. People send pictures to website and they will even go get some of the bigger items so they can be seen. (like when you see aunt jenny with the 8 ft. tall dresser that's been in her family for a hundred years.)

You can only have one item appraised for your $200.00. Most people don't know there's a cost involved until you want tickets, I was surprised it was that high per ticket, but they have to pay for those appraisers. They usually have a limit on ticket availability of around 3000 or less depending on were it's held. Tickets have to be purchased beforehand.

I learned all this when the wife and I were going to go when they came to the Pittsburgh area and we were going to take a few items to get appraised.

I still love the show, so much history. (I think my wife is secretly in love with those blond twin guys that do the furniture.)

OP
OP
MrMikeJackie

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just for information purposes: It's $200.00 dollars a ticket to get into the antiques roadshow show when they are traveling. Most of the items you see on TV are pre arranged to be there before you see it on TV. People send pictures to website and they will even go get some of the bigger items so they can be seen. (like when you see aunt jenny with the 8 ft. tall dresser that's been in her family for a hundred years.)

You can only have one item appraised for your $200.00. Most people don't know there's a cost involved until you want tickets, I was surprised it was that high per ticket, but they have to pay for those appraisers. They usually have a limit on ticket availability of around 3000 or less depending on were it's held. Tickets have to be purchased beforehand.

I learned all this when the wife and I were going to go when they came to the Pittsburgh area and we were going to take a few items to get appraised.

I still love the show, so much history. (I think my wife is secretly in love with those blond twin guys that do the furniture.)
Funny you mention that, their coming to the Jacob Javits Center in Manhattan next month. I missed the deadline for tickets:BangHead:

OP
OP
MrMikeJackie

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What a great find. Congrats! :occasion14:

This will give me a little more inspiration on those iffy signals, of which my regular sites have plenty. :treasurechest:

Happy Hunting!
If I told you how many great finds I've gotten digging iffy signals, you'd go crazy. Thanks for looking. GL HH Mike

MichiganMan

Jun 13, 2008
Kalamazoo County, Michigan
Detector(s) used
A cheap one until I can decide on a very good brand-name one to buy.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Would you post a couple of better close-up non-blurry pictures please. That way we can look at the quality of workmanship and tell for sure whether it is Tiffany & Co. or not. Tiffany workmanship stands way out and speaks for itself.

HenryWaltonJonesJr

Sep 2, 2013
Downtown Chicago
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, AT Pro, Compadre, SeaHunter II, AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's 200 for a show ticket IF you can get tickets. The sad part is people order them only to flip them on eBay. They need to issue the tickets and only the name holder can get in with valid ID.

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
this ring should get him on the show for free

OP
OP
MrMikeJackie

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Would you post a couple of better close-up non-blurry pictures please. That way we can look at the quality of workmanship and tell for sure whether it is Tiffany & Co. or not. Tiffany workmanship stands way out and speaks for itself.
Oh it's T&C alright, that I already know. Solid 18k, confirmed by the T&C rep I showed it to. However for a written authenticated history on this piece I would have to spend $500. Money I just don't have at the moment. I will however see what a local estate dealer will charge to write up an appraisal. Thanks for looking, Mike

OP
OP
MrMikeJackie

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ok so I just took it to an estate dealer and got some great info. It's a circa late 1800's Tiffany & Co 18k solid gold woman's ring with a German/Indian carnelian stone. The only way to get exact date of manufacture is by archival search. As far as value, whatever someone is willing to spend for it. Tiffany is usually 3x melt value and would start bidding at $1500. I'm satisfied knowing what I found is authentic and matches the time period of other finds I've dug. Thanks all for looking and commenting. GL HH Mike

treasurehunter313

Apr 29, 2014
PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok so I just took it to an estate dealer and got some great info. It's a circa late 1800's Tiffany & Co 18k solid gold woman's ring with a German/Indian carnelian stone. The only way to get exact date of manufacture is by archival search. As far as value, whatever someone is willing to spend for it. Tiffany is usually 3x melt value and would start bidding at $1500. I'm satisfied knowing what I found is authentic and matches the time period of other finds I've dug. Thanks all for looking and commenting. GL HH Mike
congrats!!!

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Awesome, great find !! :headbang:

Keep @ it and HH !! :hello2:

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Banner find for sure. A unique handcrafted find from the earliest days of Tiffany. Congrats.

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those two twins have a show on dish channel 208 where they go out and examine people's furniture and other valuables and see if they can sell them for them. Can't recall the name, but I have been a fan of theirs and Antiques Roadshow a long time. When you see them get excited about a piece of furniture, you know it's going to be a high dollar item. Your wife would be half-way disappointed if she is in love with those twins, one is straight and one is not. I like the energy they bring to everything they do and really like the show where they go around and look thru people's houses and help them sell their stuff. I've tried to email them about a question I have, but it must go into their spam folder. I realize they get lots of emails.
I never knew it required a $200 ticket to attend the Antiques Roadshow, but that separates the curious from the serious and would keep me at home unless I thought I had something valuable. I don't.

OP
OP
MrMikeJackie

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,