🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went out after work to one of my old sites. Being it's been hit pretty hard by me in the past, I decided today I would dig anything. My second target was an awfull sounding one, bounced from iron nail up to a quarter. But a consistent bounce, so I dug it. My first gold ring and a good one at that. Stamped Tiffany & CO with some kind of reddish image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg stone. Really dark gold so maybe 18, 22k? Gonna take it to a jeweler to check. Thanks for looking, Mike

Upvote 25

Sod Buster

Jun 14, 2014
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, White's Bullseye TRX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just for information purposes: It's $200.00 dollars a ticket to get into the antiques roadshow show when they are traveling. Most of the items you see on TV are pre arranged to be there before you see it on TV. People send pictures to website and they will even go get some of the bigger items so they can be seen. (like when you see aunt jenny with the 8 ft. tall dresser that's been in her family for a hundred years.)

You can only have one item appraised for your $200.00. Most people don't know there's a cost involved until you want tickets, I was surprised it was that high per ticket, but they have to pay for those appraisers. They usually have a limit on ticket availability of around 3000 or less depending on were it's held. Tickets have to be purchased beforehand.

I learned all this when the wife and I were going to go when they came to the Pittsburgh area and we were going to take a few items to get appraised.

I still love the show, so much history. (I think my wife is secretly in love with those blond twin guys that do the furniture.)

Not sure about the process once you get tickets, but they are free, if you get them during the intial application timeframe.

FAQ | Antiques Roadshow | PBS

Sod Buster

Jun 14, 2014
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, White's Bullseye TRX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
By the way, you've got my Banner vote as well. Great Find!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions