hubcap76

Jun 27, 2013
Treasure Coast, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign Xs 2a pro, Excalibur ll, Explorer II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a great piece of a personal item worn by a mason, looks old as well and I wouldn't be surprised if it was worn by a prince-mason. Great recovery.

powered by pull tabs

DavidGC

Jun 25, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is from an appendant body of Masonry called the Knights Templar (which is a continuation of the York Rite body of Masonry). They are organized into groups called "commandaries." It is one of the few appendant bodies of Masonry that supports a specific religious group (in this case, Christianity; you do not have to be a Christian, but one of your obligations is to defend the Christian faith).

BTW, hubcap, there is nothing in Masonry called a Prince Mason. You are likely referring to Prince Hall Masonry, which is a masonic order created by and for African Americans during the days of segregation. It is only recently that state Masonic Grand Lodges (each state has a Grand Lodge that controls traditional Masonic organizations in their jurisdiction) have voted to "recognize" Prince Hall Masonry as a "legitimate" masonic organization, which allows other Masons to "communicate" with those members as fellow masons. Several states -- all in the Southern part of the U.S. -- still do not recognize Prince Hall Masons as fellow masons.

OP
OP
N

Nicholas

Jul 15, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher f-2.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi
Is the number 48 the year?

hubcap76

Jun 27, 2013
Treasure Coast, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign Xs 2a pro, Excalibur ll, Explorer II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is from an appendant body of Masonry called the Knights Templar (which is a continuation of the York Rite body of Masonry). They are organized into groups called "commandaries." It is one of the few appendant bodies of Masonry that supports a specific religious group (in this case, Christianity; you do not have to be a Christian, but one of your obligations is to defend the Christian faith). BTW, hubcap, there is nothing in Masonry called a Prince Mason. You are likely referring to Prince Hall Masonry, which is a masonic order created by and for African Americans during the days of segregation. It is only recently that state Masonic Grand Lodges (each state has a Grand Lodge that controls traditional Masonic organizations in their jurisdiction) have voted to "recognize" Prince Hall Masonry as a "legitimate" masonic organization, which allows other Masons to "communicate" with those members as fellow masons. Several states -- all in the Southern part of the U.S. -- still do not recognize Prince Hall Masons as fellow masons.
negative was a un intentional spell correct by my phone, master should have been the substitute, but Ty