SILVER Coin Spill + A Few Other Odds and Ends

schwabie16

Dec 11, 2013
Reynoldsville, Pa
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The other day, my grandparents' neighbor came up to my grandpa and I as we were walking down the sidewalk and asked, "Why didn't you do my yard yet?" We had no idea what she was talking about at first, but after a couple seconds we realized she was talking about us metal detecting all around and we didn't detect her yard yet. Permission slapped us right across the face, so I went right over today, and things went slow at first. There weren't many signals in the front of the house so I tried the back of the house. After digging a couple of wheats, I got a weird signal on the ATP, but it was hitting 85 sometimes, so I dug a plug and immediately saw a red bingo chip, so I thought I had a modern quarter or a couple of stinking Lincoln's, but I was wrong. I pinpointed the signal and pulled out a '60 rosie. Kept pinpointing just to make sure there was nothing else and pulled out another silver rosie! A '47. Also ended up with a bullet, a couple little brass ringy things, 3 wheats, and a Saint Christopher medallion. Overall, a pretty darn good hunt!

Attachments

• image-1428532973.jpg
    image-1428532973.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 126
  • image-4076144701.jpg
    image-4076144701.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 117
Upvote 9

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's a great day of hunting. I usually get slapped and told I cannot have permission and scram!!! LOL

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds! Glad you got permission! It's weird sometimes how it goes. A very nice lady at work lives on several acres that has been in her husband's family for 5 generations now. I stopped and asked her father in law if I might detect their corn fields and he said he had no problem, but he had given control to my co-worker's husband. When I asked her, she said no because of problems with neighbors taking liberties on the land. I was certain she would give me permission, lol.

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice roosie spill!

dig kzoo

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2013
Kalamazoo co. MI
Detector(s) used
1 Minelab CTX3030, 2 Garrett AT Gold, Garrett ACE 350, 2 Bounty Hunter tracker IV,BH Junior, 2 Garrett pro pointers
a family adventure!!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice dig, I know that had to bring a smile! HH!

OP
OP
schwabie16

schwabie16

Dec 11, 2013
Reynoldsville, Pa
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! Glad you got permission! It's weird sometimes how it goes. A very nice lady at work lives on several acres that has been in her husband's family for 5 generations now. I stopped and asked her father in law if I might detect their corn fields and he said he had no problem, but he had given control to my co-worker's husband. When I asked her, she said no because of problems with neighbors taking liberties on the land. I was certain she would give me permission, lol.
Haha, yeah that would've been a nice one to detect. Thanks. GL and HH

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice diggings there , Congrats !!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread