Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like most of my posts this one starts the same....

Me and ZDD...
started out at 8:30 in hopes of finding something old. The first spot we went to looked good had promise, and was in a fairly good area, etc, but just didn't have it. Dave did get a clock gear there, I never dug a target. Dave got a 90's signal that I checked, and said "could be a 8 reale", turned out to be a brass ring. I said "one of these times it will be an 8 reale".

Next spot, we call "french hill" as Dave got a 1677 french silver there last year, conditions were good better than they had ever been, level, and short grass. I got a signal that was high 90's, but did bounce all the way up to 99 which almost always means junk on my Omega. Not suggesting that I wouldn't dig, because targets were not that plentyful. I dug a plug the depth of a small hand trowel of 4 -5 inches, the pin pointer said target still in there, so I just sifted through the loose dry dirt with my left gloved hand, and out came a BIG round disk. For a second I thought aluminium, because I was expecting JUNK, then I saw Carolus face (as blind as I am) Yeah Babby !

Wicked freekin awesome, I thought, 7 years, my first dollar sized coin, and still on my top ten list.

I wasn't shaking like a lot of people say, but I was at the same time pretty excited, and tried to shout to Dave...he wasn't hearing none of that, with headphones on, so I pretty much ran over to him, mentioning the "ring" he had found earlier. He said did you find another, I said, "well almost" I got him to take off his glove and close his eyes, and dropped it in his hand.

This has been a slow year for sure with the cold lasting so long, and then turning so hot so fast, bla, bla, bla.

Anyway this is a find that is / was still on my top ten list so I am very happy today with what I have found. I didn't even take a camera with me today as it was so hot I didn't want to carry any extra gear, so I had to keep it dirty till home for pictures then a water soak for 5 minutes revealed a pretty nice coin.

Yes we (I) did dig a few square nails, and one pewter button, the nails because of the spot being "nearly" hunted out, and so few targets left, but man am I glad we gave it one more shot.

GOOD LUCK OUT THERE !
Rick

Attachments

• find14-11a.JPG
    find14-11a.JPG
    61.4 KB · Views: 618
  • find14-11b.JPG
    find14-11b.JPG
    54 KB · Views: 531
  • find14-11c.JPG
    find14-11c.JPG
    53.2 KB · Views: 457
  • find14-11e.JPG
    find14-11e.JPG
    52.8 KB · Views: 606
  • find14-11f.JPG
    find14-11f.JPG
    58.8 KB · Views: 587
Upvote 57

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I guess you joined the 8 reale club IN STYLE, that coin is remarkable! What a great experience seeing that huge silver come out of the hole, after working so hard for it for so long.

My last two 3hr hunts have been quite depressing, a total of two modern pennies and junk--and not even good junk. Posts like this get me pumped up to get back out there!

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fantastic find Rick :thumbsup: I hope your ears have recovered after that went under the coil :laughing7: Looks like a Banner find to me as well :thumbsup:

SS

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

RelicMedic

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab pro find 35

Minelab Equinox 600

Minelab Excalibur II

Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to go Rick!!!! Well deserved find bud! So awesome :)

OP
OP
Rick (Nova Scotia)

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A great one to cross off the list! I did it extremely early on, but probably would have been ok to wait a little longer to have a real looker like yours.

Thanks "a real looker" Yes still a fair amount of mint luster, tough to believe surviving the plow...how many times ?

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh wow, shes a beauty! 206 yr old silver, incredible!

dig kzoo

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2013
Kalamazoo co. MI
Detector(s) used
1 Minelab CTX3030, 2 Garrett AT Gold, Garrett ACE 350, 2 Bounty Hunter tracker IV,BH Junior, 2 Garrett pro pointers
a family adventure!!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats Rick, as I wipe away the drool and envy lol!
may there be many more!

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
Killer find Rick! But you need to cut it in half so Dave gets his share of the booty. Kidding aside, that one is on my list too. I've found cut pieces from 8 reale coins but never the whole enchilada.

DocBeav

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2012
SE Va
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab CTX 3030 (17", 11", 6" coils), Minelab Excalibur 800, Minelab Excalibur 1000 (w/OBN's Remote Pinpoint mod and CTX headphone connector)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is one nice coin with great detail! Congrats! I'll give a banner nomination on this one as well!

OP
OP
Rick (Nova Scotia)

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to go Rick!!!! Well deserved find bud! So awesome :)

Thanks ACE, not as awesome as 5 of them (wink), but I surely am happy to have got one of them.

MaineRelic

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesorso's, Minelabs, Garrett's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Even though you and your entire clique snubbed me on my capped bust 25c I posted on last Sunday I will be the bigger man and congradulate you on a very nice coin find ! With two 8 Reale caches on the banner it might be tough to get on the banner , even one in such fine condition ! But of course if you are chummy with a moderator on here you should have no problem ! MaineRelic

Sooper Dave

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2012
USA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Incredible find! What a dream find!

GioTheGreek

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2009
Hades
Detector(s) used
XP DÉUS, Minelab E-TRAC, Pro-Pointer, Hawk-like Vision, Receding Hairline
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Way to go, Rick! That is fantastic! I'm glad to see the Rick we know back in action. :)

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice find and welcome to the club

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread