Wheatie found on Canadian Base!

Vornsereg

Jun 25, 2014
Brandon MB
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Discovery 1100
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey everyone, had a quick hunt today and thought Id share what I found! A cheap toy car, A keychain bottle opener from a hotel established 2 provinces away in 1912 so that's kinda neat, A couple old casings from back when my base used to be a German base, we don't use any of these calibers. And most interesting to me is an American Wheat Penny!? :icon_scratch: I really don't know much about American Coins but I do think its cool to find one 6 inches deep in one of the less populated areas of Manitoba! This is my second time out detecting and I'm loving it. Also the pocket of clad I found bought me a slushie for the walk home lol.
IMG_0420.JPG IMG_0423.JPG IMG_0424.JPG

Upvote 2

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm just a few hrs west of you, I bet 30% of my coin finds are American. A large number of my very old coins (1880's -1920's) are from the U.S., it sure makes it interesting!

gearnoggin

Feb 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to get Canadian coins in my change all the time. Doesn't seem to happen much anymore.

davidj4220

Jul 6, 2013
That wheat cent is in great shape! Most I find are pretty toasted. I found a bunch of old silver Canadian coins here in Pennsylvania. So it definitely goes both ways!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread