Apr 4, 2009
Hardyville, KY
Detector(s) used
garrett A.T. gold

Other detectors: fisher F2/ Garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey friends!!

So i have been detecting at a house that we are renting to own. I havent been able to find anything old in the yard due to a lot of bottle tops and alluminum however I thik I may have found an old burn dump. I dug these out of it. Some neat play money tokens and other things. Just wonderiung if you guys could give me an idea on how old the dump is? thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_1639.JPG
    IMG_1639.JPG
    869.5 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_1640.JPG
    IMG_1640.JPG
    817.6 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_1641.JPG
    IMG_1641.JPG
    690.4 KB · Views: 101
Upvote 2

TheCannonballGuy

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2006
Occupied CSA (Richmond VA)
Detector(s) used
White's 6000, Nautilus DMC-1, Minelab
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You asked for time-dating info on your dumpsite finds. I see the front of a rivetbutton marked "Blue Bell" in your photo. The Blue Bell Overalls Company was founded in 1904 (under another name) as a very small firm but had become a major one (under the Blue Bell name) by 1918. For more info, go here:
NC Business Hall of Fame -- Edwin A. Morris

But please note, the Blue Bell name is still used on some varieties of Wrangler bluejeans products.
Wrangler, Lee Team Up to Take On Levi - Los Angeles Times

The manufacture of Aluminum play-money coins started sometime in the 1920s, I think. (If I'm mistaken, I hope somebody here can provide the correct date.) I had some as a kid in the mid-1950s. If you clean yours, you might be able to determine its specific variety and/or manufacturer, and thereby find a more-exact time date for it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread