Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2012
In da bush
Detector(s) used
Fisher's 1266X, 1270X & 1280X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi,
Yesterday was my 4 week anniversary of quitting smoking and I decided to face my fear and take on the final obstacle.
Metal detecting was where I smoked the most cigarettes and I have purposely avoided going because of the possible cravings driving me crazy.
I haven't been out hunting in a month and can't take it anymore! :BangHead:
Went to ****** Park where a Volleyball tournament was held last weekend and worked the sand mostly. Dug quite a few targets in 5 hours which kept my mind busy.
The area must have been used later for watching the bands play as there were over 30 beer cans buried in the sand and lots of other garbage.
Someone detected one end of the big court as their footprints and junk targets next to their holes was evident but they gave up quickly with all the beer cans.
As I moved the cans out, big coin spills were nearby. I felt good removing all the jagged ones and other sharp objects as the girls play there with bare feet.
There was one big moment when I really wanted a smoke but I told myself that with dry mouth and a hot body baking in the sun, I would probably feel pretty sh*tty with a head-rush and a gross taste in my parched mouth.
After that, it was smooth sailing! Didn’t really think much about smoking the rest of the day! :hello2:
Found lots of change......

P1120218 (640x588).jpg

I found 8 nickels, 35 dimes, 27 quarters, 31 loonies, ($1) and 10 toonies ($2) for a total of $61.65.
Now that pennies have been out of circulation, I didn't dig one! :headbang:

Here’s the rest of the stuff.......

P1120221 (640x594).jpg

Funny how I find two lighters and an electronic cigarette!
Lots of junk jewellery – all of it crap!
I'm thinking after all that work cleaning out every non-ferrous signal that I would find some kind of precious metal but NO!

Anyway, I spent the rest of my time searching grass and it didn't take long until I got an expanded discriminating signal that I knew wasn't a pull tab.
Popped out this little beauty.......

P1120223 (640x479).jpg

A nice 10K nugget ring that doesn’t even fit my pinky but has some heft to it......

P1120225 (640x374).jpg

I pulled out a few more coins and after too much sun and every type of bug biting, I went home.
Even though it was a good haul, I picked my least favourite type of hunting.
Which means it will be even easier to go relic hunting and not give in to cravings from lack of interest.
Digger Dave is back in action!
What cigarettes?
Just wanted to share that I can continue with my passion again WITHOUT those damn smokes!
WOOHOO!
Cheers,
Dave.

P.S. In case your interested, here's a thread showing my progress in the last 4 weeks from quitting smoking.
If anyone wants to do the same, you'll quickly realize how many great people here at T-net that are willing to help.
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/everything-else/421818-i-quit.html
:thumbsup:

Upvote 19
OP
OP
Muddyhandz

Muddyhandz

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2012
In da bush
Detector(s) used
Fisher's 1266X, 1270X & 1280X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for all the replies!
Well, I got ZILCH for the I-phone. Put it on the charger and up came a "I am lost - Phone *** ****" message which I called immediately.
Some young chick was at my house 15 minutes later to pick it up and said it belonged to her boyfriend, who she will surprise when she hands him his phone back.
I asked her why there was so many beer cans in the sand and she said that after the tournament, a DJ set up and it became a dance area.
That's why there was so much change there.
My reward was her saying as she walked away...."You have restored my faith in humanity."
I should have said "You have confirmed my attitude towards the young ME generation!"
Whatever. I had a good hunt that day which contained many rewards.
Now, I'm going detecting all weekend! :headbang:
Happy Hunting to you all.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread