Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I stopped at an elementary school tot lot for about an hour before it got dark. I managed to get a hit that just may have been gold (I hoped) and dug up a kids ring. Looks like a little girls ring with yellow and green hearts around it. The inside looks like some kind of white metal or something.

But, a ring is still a ring right??

I wish I knew the kid who dropped it so I could give it back to her. You never know what something so simple can mean to a kid.

I also managed to dig up 2.46 in clad, one 1972 Canadian penny and a 1950D wheatie (have no clue what that was doing there). Oh, and I found a really nice, heavy black and yellow Dewalt utility knife. I have no clue what that was doing in a little kids playground either. Kinda' makes you wonder.

But, I guess that's not too bad for about an hour. Plus, practice is practice and I always manage to learn something.

The few tot lots I have hit so far in my area haven't yielded much. I find LOTS of pennies and small change and lots of foil tops to pudding, juice, etc. I'll keep trying them when I don't have much hunting time. You never know what may get dropped at any time.

Also, two that I tried to search have some kind of cloth material under the wood chips and you can't dig. Has anyone else run into this??

Last edited:
Upvote 2

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I suppose if you get a target under the cloth, the utility knife would come in handy:dontknow:good luck and HH

unfound

Apr 15, 2014
Western Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 350,
BH Tracker IV,
Garret Pro Pointer,
Lesche Sampson Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
They put Geotextile under the wood chips, it keeps grass from growing through.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great_find.gif
Nice finds! Thanks for sharing...

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep! A ring is a ring! The "older" kids probably hang out at the tot lot after dark and maybe dropped the knife.
Keep searching jewelry does get dropped! GL. HH!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions