This mornings finds and two more colonial silver coins and other finds!

HomeGuardDan

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2011
Williamsburg, VA
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have not been able to venture out in the past couple of weeks due to responsibilities at home, but boy was I glad that I fought the rain showers this morning and headed out for a couple of hours.

My second find of the morning was the 1600's I cob, this makes my fourth from this site this summer along with a grouping of other nice keeper coins from the 1700s, 1600s, and even 230s (the roman coin).

I must have done a good job cleaning out all the large caliber musket balls as I could not find one, but I did miss the nice 1700's cut pistareen as that one surfaced right in the thick of the hardest hit area...still plenty of targets to investigate. I did find a little Civil War spot mixed in as the two three ringers and the eagle button were found basically together and a little bit away from where the colonial stuff was coming from.

I seem to be finding plenty of lead and brass items that were used as a washer or fastener for early square nails, each trip I find probably a half dozen or so. Just a great example of early workmanship.

My favorite two non-coin finds of the day was the tombac button with a carved J. H. on the face and the Whirligig Buzzer - you hardly ever find them intact and I was glad to have done so. I dug a total of 7 buttons, 2 three ringers, a handful of early pistol and round shot, and the two coins in just under 2.5 hours...can't wait to go back.

HH

Dan

Attachments

• 1a.JPG
    1a.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 208
  • 1b.JPG
    1b.JPG
    477.1 KB · Views: 187
  • 1c.JPG
    1c.JPG
    395 KB · Views: 188
  • 1d.JPG
    1d.JPG
    420.9 KB · Views: 193
  • 1e.JPG
    1e.JPG
    681.6 KB · Views: 194
  • 1j.JPG
    1j.JPG
    617.5 KB · Views: 178
  • 1i.JPG
    1i.JPG
    617.2 KB · Views: 192
  • 1h.JPG
    1h.JPG
    475.7 KB · Views: 175
  • 1g.JPG
    1g.JPG
    477.9 KB · Views: 185
  • 1f.JPG
    1f.JPG
    560.2 KB · Views: 197
Upvote 17

HISPAN

Gold Member
Mar 15, 2009
Detector(s) used
WHITES MXT ,GARRET ACE150,GARRET SEA HUNT MARK II.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
nice Spanish silvers ! :icon_thumleft:

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hate you.:occasion14:

Isaac

Oct 11, 2013
Fairfax, Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT All Pro, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Outstanding outing. Incredible relics and coins!

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
I see your research skills are really paying off again Dan as you've put yourself onto quite an early and productive site. Your string of colonial silver finds this summer is nothing short of amazing. What is it - 12 or 13 now?? Just glad they don't count in our "silver king" contest since I haven't been hunting with you. Hopefully you'll wear yourself out in the water leaving me to come in and dominate the field hunting this fall :laughing7:. Wishful thinking as I'm sure you'll provide the usual stiff competition. Hope you can get out again soon and continue your hot streak.

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
really nice, love the historical stuff like that, guys like me are pretty ignorant of a lot of that, we just don't have access to that kind of age

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, great finds Dan, congrats!

joeyfresh

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2006
Colonial Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amazing finds Dan. The coins are great but I really like the initials on the button.

screwynewy

May 10, 2011
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Teknetics T2 SE
Teknetics G2+
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on a very productive hunt. Colonial silver is at the top of my list but I also like the whizzer and initialed flat button. Love how the brass looks coming from the water.

Greylock

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2012
Western MA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on a great hunt. Those silvers are awesome.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok....... that stuff just plain rocks. Awesome finds my friend. Congrats

OP
OP
HomeGuardDan

HomeGuardDan

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2011
Williamsburg, VA
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see your research skills are really paying off again Dan as you've put yourself onto quite an early and productive site. Your string of colonial silver finds this summer is nothing short of amazing. What is it - 12 or 13 now?? Just glad they don't count in our "silver king" contest since I haven't been hunting with you. Hopefully you'll wear yourself out in the water leaving me to come in and dominate the field hunting this fall :laughing7:. Wishful thinking as I'm sure you'll provide the usual stiff competition. Hope you can get out again soon and continue your hot streak.

No worries bud, with the baby coming you will have plenty of time this fall. I hope to continue to build my numbers, but our 1:1 competition will still be as competitive as always. I hope to get out a few more times this summer and add to the numbers that I know I will not get this fall.

OP
OP
HomeGuardDan

HomeGuardDan

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2011
Williamsburg, VA
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on a very productive hunt. Colonial silver is at the top of my list but I also like the whizzer and initialed flat button. Love how the brass looks coming from the water.

Thanks man, the whirligig actually was probably my favorite find of the trip...next to the button.

johnnyblaze

Silver Member
Dec 20, 2010
Rhode Island
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other
Cob's cut silver man we cant find that stuff around here
dunno.gif

Sweet haul man
2thumbsup.gif

Blaze

Silver Tree Chaser

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2012
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dan:

It's encouraging to see that you're still finding old colonial silver. Nice cob and a cut Spanish silver for a bonus. You had a great day. Congrats!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread