Successful day of crumbsnatchin

PlzBSeated

Mar 8, 2014
SW Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter, Whites Spectrum XLT, Whites MXT, Fisher CZ-21, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Successful day of crumbsnatchin'

Stumbled upon a small construction project in a residential neighborhood...so I pulled out the Pro to see what I could find. Not long after, a five year old on a bike came up and started telling me everything he knew about metal detecting...and he knew A LOT! So, I obviously wasn't the first person to descend upon this site with a metal detector:BangHead:.
So this probably wasn't going to be the treasure hunter's mecca I was hoping for. Oh, well. I have been relegated to the role of crumbsnatcher before, and I usually manage to pull away with a couple of tastey morsels. Today was no exception:icon_thumright:.

072714Finds.jpg
0727F.jpg 0727B.jpg

Today's finds...

1911-D Barber Dime
Shield Nickel w/Rays (1866 or 1867,Date not apparent)
1928-D Wheatback
1951-D Wheatback
Suspender clasp?

PBS

Upvote 8

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heck I'd take those crumbs anyday!
The atpro is known to pick up the scraps others have missed
Nice work!

dig kzoo

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2013
Kalamazoo co. MI
Detector(s) used
1 Minelab CTX3030, 2 Garrett AT Gold, Garrett ACE 350, 2 Bounty Hunter tracker IV,BH Junior, 2 Garrett pro pointers
a family adventure!!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well done, I would love a day like that!

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice digs and thanks for the pics

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
sweet finds

OP
OP
PlzBSeated

PlzBSeated

Mar 8, 2014
SW Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter, Whites Spectrum XLT, Whites MXT, Fisher CZ-21, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Heck I'd take those crumbs anyday!
The atpro is known to pick up the scraps others have missed
Nice work!

I did learn something. I started out with the standard coil feeling I should go slow and cover as much ground as possible. After a couple hours, I got pretty tired (it was miserably humid), so I switched to the 5x8 coil. Covered much of the same ground and found several more good (high VDI) targets in spots I know I had been over. I will be treating these tear outs as trashy parks in the future. You can't beat the 5x8 coil on the AT Pro for quick response and target separation. And it's easier to get into those hard to reach places, and so light that you can swing it forever.

PBS

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did learn something. I started out with the standard coil feeling I should go slow and cover as much ground as possible. After a couple hours, I got pretty tired (it was miserably humid), so I switched to the 5x8 coil. Covered much of the same ground and found several more good (high VDI) targets in spots I know I had been over. I will be treating these tear outs as trashy parks in the future. You can't beat the 5x8 coil on the AT Pro for quick response and target separation. And it's easier to get into those hard to reach places, and so light that you can swing it forever.

PBS
hmm, yet another atpro user who praises the 5x8, man I gotta check this coil out, im sure its great and im likely missing things with the standard coil

Thanks!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions