I finally got my waterproof video camera and made my first river huntin video!

mr helton

May 20, 2013
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
White's Spectrum XLT
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 3

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm a fellow new water hunter, I don't have time to video, too intent on looking for treasure. You should be able to find allot of good water spots out your way. GL and HH

Aquaman

Plumbata

Bronze Member
May 13, 2012
Wyoming
Detector(s) used
White's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice video man! That looks like some excellent clean water so the dark grey merc made me wonder if almost all old freshwater silver comes out heavily tarnished? Most of mine comes out even darker. Lately all I've been doing is water hunting, but without any detector. I "sniff" around for likely spots, dig and sift. Gloriously low tech, and you can follow the goods to depths that the detector won't likely go. I've never detected any gold, but found 2 10K rings and 2 14K earrings in the past 6 weeks. The best "silver" detecting day in over a decade of casual hunting netted 5 silvers. My best day water hunting in the past several weeks netted 10. Some days I find over 30-50 wheaties alone. Just think like a placer gold miner and dig around where the dense items would accumulate in flowing water. Once you know what to look for, you'll be amazed how fruitful your hunts are, and you will be sifting loads with literally dozens of MD targets that you don't need to waste time discriminating or digging separately. Just eyeballs and common sense are about all ya need.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread