1st Post/Pics. 1st jewerly

qaela4

Bronze Member
Jul 24, 2014
Keene, New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Silver,Tesoro Silver Sabre uMax.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi all! Just joined and love the stuff and history you guys provide. Found this little pin in my yard from Mt. Washington(NH) Cog Railway, no idea what material it is. Mostly clad and toasted pennies. One '48 Nickel and a '65 Rosie. The earrings have no marking, probably junk, pulled them from an elementary playground, only thing other than rusty fence pieces which went straight to the trash. CogRailway4.jpg CogRailway3.jpg CogRailway1.jpg Dimes1.jpg Nickels1.jpg Earrings1.jpg

Upvote 8

DFX DAVE in M.D.

Oct 15, 2004
Upper Chesapeake Bay, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds Welcome to T-Net. I rode MT. Washington a few years ago on my cycle during Laconia Bike Week. New Hampshire is a pretty area for sure. We camped at I think it was White Lake Campground.

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds and welcome to the best detecting site on the web.

Texas Yankee

Sep 11, 2013
El Paso, Texas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Discovery 2 Radio Shack, Teknetics Delta 4000, Teknetics T2 ES LTD, Garrett Pro Pointer, Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice pics and welcome to the Tnet family...
Texas Yankee

thommo59

Mar 6, 2014
Australia
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Garrett AT PRO
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep digging those nickels and you may get a surprise someday. Some gold tones just like a nickel.

OP
OP
Q

qaela4

Bronze Member
Jul 24, 2014
Keene, New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I plan on it, I have two arthritic knees so I figure...."If it squeals..I kneels"

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I plan on it, I have two arthritic knees so I figure...."If it squeals..I kneels"
you could get a long handle digger with a small shovel head like the sampson so you don't have to kneel as much. I wouldn't recommend using it in a yard though.

OP
OP
Q

qaela4

Bronze Member
Jul 24, 2014
Keene, New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
you could get a long handle digger with a small shovel head like the sampson so you don't have to kneel as much. I wouldn't recommend using it in a yard though.

Just checked eBay, I'll be saving my pennies...lol.

JunkShopFiddler

Bronze Member
Feb 15, 2013
SW Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

That's hilarious! I'm an old guy too...I usually kneel on one knee, then the next time on the other knee. I'm thinkin' that way it spreads the burden, I can get more weight over the shovel and It seems easier for me to get back up. Good decision to dig nickle signals, a lot of new folks won't do that...good luck.

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just checked eBay, I'll be saving my pennies...lol.
yea they aren't cheap but they are great in fields and woods. Also good in places that are not manicured yards. You could use it in a yard but the looks of it may scare someone. It actually cuts great small plugs. I've used it in my yard and couldn't tell I dug after I replaced plug and stomped on it.

OP
OP
Q

qaela4

Bronze Member
Jul 24, 2014
Keene, New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's hilarious! I'm an old guy too...I usually kneel on one knee, then the next time on the other knee. I'm thinkin' that way it spreads the burden, I can get more weight over the shovel and It seems easier for me to get back up. Good decision to dig nickle signals, a lot of new folks won't do that...good luck.
Sad thing for me is I'm only 46, blew out right knee in high school playing soccer and left knee at work 20yrs. ago.

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm not like ancient but do have knee problems. If I detect several days in a row I spend the next 3 or 4 days with ice packs and ibuprofen at my side to get the knees back where I can get out again. Since I also do not like the hot NC summer heat I have to plan my hunts based upon the weather and knee conditions. But brother, when all the stars align, the temp is down a bit, and the knees aren't killing me, I am in heaven!

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
dig the trash, yeah it gets old but sooner or later you will score big... welcome and dig as you can when you can

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread