Some of what was dug at the colonial today - old ink bottle.

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2004
SE, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
well I almost filled a 5 gal bucket with broken glass and a 3 gal bucket with iron, alum. trash, hunks of tin etc. At one
point, found a 3" diameter PVC pipe section about 4 feet long almost on surface. I pulled from ground and started to clunk on
ground to remove dirt and out pops a 3 foot snake! It was a garter snake which is completely harmless but quite the surprise!
Found a small bottle with a metal cap - could be an ink bottle. And some kind of measuring device made in Germany - has a
small wheel on bottom, I assume to roll along a board to measure length but I'm guessing. Dug two snail shells. This
property is really tough to hunt. That's all folks!
TN6543.JPG TN6542.JPG TN6547.JPG TN6545.JPG TN6546.JPG

Upvote 5

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That bottle with the little hole in the top is a medical vial. It's meant to accept a syringe needle. Might want to toss it, who knows - it might contain a bio-hazard substance or some chemical you wouldn't want to come in contact with.

OP
OP
Ocean7

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2004
SE, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That bottle with the little hole in the top is a medical vial. It's meant to accept a syringe needle. Might want to toss it, who knows - it might contain a bio-hazard substance or some chemical you wouldn't want to come in contact with.
well it has a small spring in the bottle which made me think of ink but given unremoveble metal cap and small hole - you are probably correct. Since it's been in the ground for at least 50 years and completely dried out on inside, I am not concerned with it being an issue to me or anyone else. I cannot find one like it on Net and the '27' on bottom may indicate year it was made.
Thanks for your input!

OP
OP
Ocean7

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2004
SE, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II