Silver #41, Indians, Wheats, Buff, Vnick, Relics at a previously hit spot!

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys, got out today to a spot that OldDude and I hit a few weeks ago, Normally I don't go back to a site a second time unless I feel like the ground wasn't covered well, but today I figured I was gonna give it a shot, I know last time we were there we hit it pretty good but today proved that you can never get it all!

almost 13 minute video of all the fun:

I combed the property in the opposite direction of the last time we were there

almost right away I hit a wheat, then another, then a 47 roosie, SILVER #41 on the year! :headbang: then some more wheats, junk, clad, some way cool relics, (4 pieces of crotal bells from 4 separate bells), and a really cool button to match the exact one olddude found at this same site previously, also a cool clip/buckle looking thing and then a couple Indians (1903, 1904) a few junk targets and wheats later I got a strong nickel signal and popped the 1920 buff, after filling the plug back in I scanned it again with the atpro and pow, nickel signal, I had to fight the rain to get the second nickel in the hole a 1906 V nickel!!, dug a short bit more and got a 1881 indian! shortly after that it started to thunder and lightning so I figured time to call it a day, good results from 4 hrs at a previously hit spot

1906 vnick, 1920 buffalo, 1881 indian, 1903 indian, 1904 indian (2) 1916 wheats (2) 1919 wheats, 1941, 1944, 1947 wheats, 1947 roosie, and all the relics! 1.jpg 3.JPG 2.jpg
Thanks for looking and HH!!

Upvote 11

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would definitely hit that spot many many more times. I have detected my #1 favourite spot of all time so many times, probably over a hundred. It was a busy spot circa 1900--circus, shooting range, tennis court, baseball diamond and golf clubhouse. It was also FULL of crap and iron signals, the ground was literally packed with stuff everywhere. I hit it hard in the past 5 years, but it's pretty quiet there now. My last few trips there have produced basically nothing. It was a great "project spot" for slowly over time removing the junk one hole at a time, and unmasking all the hidden treasures.

Cool finds, and I seriously bet there is more to find!

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Incredible! Don't think I have ever seen wheats that were so pretty and green. Cool that you found that exact same little knotted button thing. Is that a lock cover or part of an oil lamp that the wick goes through? Nice video!

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Incredible! Don't think I have ever seen wheats that were so pretty and green. Cool that you found that exact same little knotted button thing. Is that a lock cover or part of an oil lamp that the wick goes through? Nice video!

Thank ya sir!
those wheats were a bit deeper, that ground was rock solid today too
as far as the lock cover, im not sure, it has two small holes that I pictured being nail holes for furniture
That knotted button thing was neat to find, I thought you'd appreciate that
the owner told me that a log cabin once stood where the clothes line is now, did you see the size of that spike?

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah, I did. I watched the whole video and could remember every little part of the property you showed. That area next to the road was exactly where I found that flat button, lol. Looks like I should have went back over the back yard a little better after you changed my settings that first day, lol. I just wanted to try and finish the whole place before we left.

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Incredible hunt, I'm loving where you guys are at. Indians, silver, bells, v nic's, buffs, and cool buttons! I'm so jealous!

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, I did. I watched the whole video and could remember every little part of the property you showed. That area next to the road was exactly where I found that flat button, lol. Looks like I should have went back over the back yard a little better after you changed my settings that first day, lol. I just wanted to try and finish the whole place before we left.

I just went super slow today, and in the opposite direction as opposed to last time we were there

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Incredible hunt, I'm loving where you guys are at. Indians, silver, bells, v nic's, buffs, and cool buttons! I'm so jealous!
Thanks Treb!
but you got lakes with hot bikini clad lunch dates :tongue3:

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, no place is ever hunted out, (until it's all gone ;) ).

I wish my last wheatie had come out half as good as some of those!

Just for curiosity sake, what does the ground balance out at there?

Excellent saves!

INredneck

Jan 17, 2013
Cool finds. I dont get to detect much 70 hr work weeks but just wondering what everybody does with all the coins especially the wheats and nickels. I understand about the silvers just asking thanks

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, no place is ever hunted out, (until it's all gone ;) ).

I wish my last wheatie had come out half as good as some of those!

Just for curiosity sake, what does the ground balance out at there?

Excellent saves!

Thanks!
this site preserves coins pretty well, except my nickels got a little roached
I was GB'ing at 83 :thumbsup:

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks!
this site preserves coins pretty well, except my nickels got a little roached
I was GB'ing at 83 :thumbsup:

Hmmm that's not as terrible as I thought it might be. I've been hitting a lot of places where 90 GB seemed to be the rule.

Don't worry about those roached nickels. Just use a little more sandpaper on them in addition to the what you used in the field. They'll clean up fine.

;)

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmmm that's not as terrible as I thought it might be. I've been hitting a lot of places where 90 GB seemed to be the rule.

Don't worry about those roached nickels. Just use a little more sandpaper on them in addition to the what you used in the field. They'll clean up fine.

;)

wow 90's huh, I don't think ive ever gb'd over 8586

I did however gb at 15..................at the beach, blah

Last edited:

dig kzoo

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2013
Kalamazoo co. MI
Detector(s) used
1 Minelab CTX3030, 2 Garrett AT Gold, Garrett ACE 350, 2 Bounty Hunter tracker IV,BH Junior, 2 Garrett pro pointers
a family adventure!!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great hunt, God I cant wait to my detector repaired. HH!

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great hunt, God I cant wait to my detector repaired. HH!
Thanks! Yeah it definitely stinks not being able to go!
For me though when I can't get out, going on Tnet or watching detecting videos on YouTube makes it a million times worse, hope ya get back out there soon!

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome finds! Looking promising for some really great finds yet to come! GL. HH!

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome finds! Looking promising for some really great finds yet to come! GL. HH!
Thanks, yeah I gotta hit some of my previously detected spots more often. I mean heck, it's not so easy to get the permission in the first place so might as well huh

dirtfishingdave

May 2, 2012
Pittsburgh,PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab ctx3030,Fisher f75, Whites DFX with Sunray probe, Fisher gold bug 2, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche hand shovel, Raven from Predator tools. Detectors I used to use: Minelab explorer se, Fisher f
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome finds there! I always go over places that I have been before again and again. I will give you an example, my other hunting buddy dave lives in a house that was built around 1900. We have been over his property probably 100 times grid it from every direction, and then again. I thought that the first few times we had covered his yard that we had got all the coins. But I was wrong, we have gone over his yard with multiple different detectors and grid it in every direction and still after going over it all these times I still manage to pull out a coin or 2. I thought that we had it covered after the second time we were over it but I was wrong. No place is truly ever hunted out. When they design a detector that goes deeper than the current technology we have now, we can go back over a place that was thought to have been previously hunted out and pull more coins out. Sometimes coins are masked by trash, IMO you need to keep going back over that honey hole until you can't find any more coins. Then go back over it with a detector that sees deeper beyond your current machines capability and see what you missed. Thanks for sharing, I love the Indians!! Good luck and happy hunting!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread