Oct 6, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro
Fisher 1265x
Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been going to a great property for about 2 years now. There is an old house on the property that is currently in a sad state, and probably too far gone to ever restore to its former glory. The house potentially dates back to the 1700's. It sits about 1/4 mile from a river that has an old ford crossing, and the old road goes through the 60 acre property.
The biggest problem with the property is the extreme amount of trash... Above and below ground. However, my at pro has been great at sniffing out coins and relics amongst the trash on the property. We usually find a couple keepers and a lot of scrap every time we go there, but two weeks ago I got skunked!:BangHead:
Yesterday my luck turned around though. I started by digging a small possibly lead button. It's about the size of a cuff button, has typical white patina, and a single hole in the center. I ended up giving it to the property owner, so it's not included in the pic. I also gave him a 1920 wheatie... It was rough... And a neat little "Genuine Olga Pocahontas coal scatter tag." My keepers included : 27 cents in clad, a 1944 wheatie, a copper disc that I originally thought was a Chinese coin... Any thoughts? Also got a couple more cuff buttons and an old brass tent rope tensioner. I've seen these listed as civil war artifacts, but when I started looking them up I found a patent date of 1880. Still a cool find go me though, especially to pull it out of a trashy yard I've been over time and time again! I'm loving the small coil on the AT, it's amazing for hearing the individual targets.
I can't take credit for the 1943D war nickel... I got it in change on Friday night. I knew immediately when the cashier handed me that 7 cents that there was something special about the nickel!
Always check your change and HH!
image.jpg image.jpg

Upvote 6
OP
OP
plugcutter84

plugcutter84

Oct 6, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro
Fisher 1265x
Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry for the sideways photos folks, still getting used to this!

justdon

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Teknetics delta4000/Tesoro compadre/Garrett ace 250/Garrett propointer/Garrett at pro/Tesoro silver umax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Don't worry about the pic looks like you are having fun.HH

dig kzoo

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2013
Kalamazoo co. MI
Detector(s) used
1 Minelab CTX3030, 2 Garrett AT Gold, Garrett ACE 350, 2 Bounty Hunter tracker IV,BH Junior, 2 Garrett pro pointers
a family adventure!!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice digs, hit that place til the AT no longer is beeping!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions