Apr 6, 2014
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000
XP DEUS II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh my..... so many hours the last two days and not much to show. 1935 Buffalo Nickel, a couple of wheats, very little clad, so much trash I didn't bother to photograph it.

Got permission at what I thought would be awesome site from the 1800's, it is so trashy. Using the 5X8 coil on the AT PRO but there is so much trash it can't lock on anything good, don't know how to hunt this site. The Buffalo Nickel and the two Jefferson's were found in a woods where there was no trash.

I will regroup tomorrow.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20140728_232124.png
    ForumRunner_20140728_232124.png
    353.9 KB · Views: 86
  • ForumRunner_20140728_232152.png
    ForumRunner_20140728_232152.png
    371.4 KB · Views: 81
  • ForumRunner_20140728_232219.png
    ForumRunner_20140728_232219.png
    307.5 KB · Views: 69
Upvote 5

Jaydip74

Tenderfoot
Jul 10, 2014
Helena
Detector(s) used
GARRETT AT PRO, WHITES TDI PULSE SCAN
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I struggle in trashy spots with my at pro too! That's when I take out my whites pulse scan and can ignore a lot of trash! Not the easiest detector at first but once you know how to adjust settings and use it, it is amazing. I love my at pro but saw a need for a pi machine as a 2nd.....

dig kzoo

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2013
Kalamazoo co. MI
Detector(s) used
1 Minelab CTX3030, 2 Garrett AT Gold, Garrett ACE 350, 2 Bounty Hunter tracker IV,BH Junior, 2 Garrett pro pointers
a family adventure!!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Still not a bad hunt, if it is a site where you can do the dig it all in a section at a time and re sweep that is what I try to do.
HH!

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wheats and a Buffalo is good in my book !!!

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I know you don't want to hear this, but somewhere in amongst the junk signals can be the good stuff. I didn't find any gold until I began committing myself to dig it anyways. yeah it gets old very quickly but all it takes is one gold ring or as my wife finally found out, one 21 inch 10k necklace. I have to do it for a limited time, then break, then do it again. anyways, I hope the best for you

MackDog

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2013
Spokane Wa
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro, 8 x11" and Nel Storm coils
Garrett Propointer er, Pro Pointer AT
White's V3i Standard, 10" DD, 13" Ultimate and 4 x6" sniper, 6 x10 coils, Drect 12 x 15 coil
Whites MX Sport With Detec
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I use the big coil all the time, you've got to go super slow it will show the different targets. Sometimes you have to dig the stronger junk one to pinpoint the good one. The pro is awesome in heavy trash you got to be slow and thorough
Happy Hunting

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's amazing sometimes.

I got on a late 1800s home that is on the historic register. I didn't even find a memorial cent. The wasn't cared for but it had about 9 inches of sand on it, and was full of broken plastic lawn sprinkler pipes.

Another time I asked permission to hunt a lot and the homeowner where I had asked didn't know the owner, but allowed me to hunt around his house which was built in 1882. Same story, full of sand and nice bermuda grass. Nothing found. Epic looking house though.

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice digs . Thanks for the pics

OP
OP
Diggin Dude

Diggin Dude

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2014
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000
XP DEUS II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use the big coil all the time, you've got to go super slow it will show the different targets. Sometimes you have to dig the stronger junk one to pinpoint the good one. The pro is awesome in heavy trash you got to be slow and thorough
Happy Hunting

Should I keep my sensitive at its highest or cut back on it when I'm hunting heavily trashy areas? I will also try my bigger coil.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! At lest you have a date on yours. Can't read the date on mine!

DDancer

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2014
Traveling US to work
Detector(s) used
Current Equinox 600
Past Whites DFX Garret GTI 2500 and others
Prospecting Minelab GPZ 7000
Past SD 2100 GP 3000 (retired)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your getting some good stuff out of there. You might want to try knocking back your sensitivity a bit like you said and clean out the trash some. If your getting a lot of targets slow down and use pinpoint to pull out the other targets. Grid a bit, clean, then go back to higher sense. My thoughts.

MackDog

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2013
Spokane Wa
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro, 8 x11" and Nel Storm coils
Garrett Propointer er, Pro Pointer AT
White's V3i Standard, 10" DD, 13" Ultimate and 4 x6" sniper, 6 x10 coils, Drect 12 x 15 coil
Whites MX Sport With Detec
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Should I keep my sensitive at its highest or cut back on it when I'm hunting heavily trashy areas? I will also try my bigger coil.
I practice using the large coil in trashy areas. If you go slow you will hear the good signals between the trash. still use full sensitivity. Sometimes you'll have to dig a trash item to be able to pinpoint the good one. Practice, this way you'll be getting more of the deep stuff. Good Luck
MackDOg

OP
OP
Diggin Dude

Diggin Dude

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2014
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000
XP DEUS II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I practice using the large coil in trashy areas. If you go slow you will hear the good signals between the trash. still use full sensitivity. Sometimes you'll have to dig a trash item to be able to pinpoint the good one. Practice, this way you'll be getting more of the deep stuff. Good Luck
MackDOg

Thanks! I appreciate everyone's input !

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest: