Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Phila. Meeting House, when skill won't do it, luck will, 1820's LC find

You know what they say, "with a little help from my friends"
Vino called me last night and offered to take me with him for a short hunt at the Meeting House in Old Philadephia, I'm so lucky to have a friend like him who lets me share these awesome sites that he acquires like stinkin Lincolons. I'll let him tell you about his finds, but his best today was another permission that the guy says, "Iv'e been waiting for you" AGAIN! Ha, little more to it, but another great site for him to hunt. I dug allot of trash, was making my way back to the car when George came over to show me his cool finds and ask if I found any LC's. Only thing I had was two tokens from the same hole, we started messing around with the two machines comparing Deus/AT Pro when I wandered off a few feet and got one of the millions of 80 81 hits at two inches, bent over to dig another stinkin Lincoln when out pops a LC. I will post cleaned up photos of it later tonight when I get time to clean it. Actually I'm trying a soak in distilled water for a few hours to see how it cleans up from my laboratory.

Thanks to George and his great sites I managed to find another LC. I have been trying on my side of the river for permissions, but they don't say "we have been waiting for you" when I walk in. I'll get some, just need to try a little harder.

Enjoy these pix until after my cleanup, HH and GL everyone!
Brad

Edit, here is the proper ID, too bad I can't change the title????? 1813 Classic Head Cent
http://www.ngccoin.com/NGCCoinExplorer/CoinDetail.aspx?CoinID=11570

Here it is cleaned up.

Last edited:
Upvote 10

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'll say it again.....If I were you, I'd buy Vino breakfast at least once per week whether we hunted that week or not, lol. Old Philly or New York sites might hold anything. You just never know. Congrats on another LC, Treb.

Vino

Banned
Jul 7, 2013
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll say it again.....If I were you, I'd buy Vino breakfast at least once per week whether we hunted that week or not, lol. Old Philly or New York sites might hold anything. You just never know. Congrats on another LC, Treb.
HEY OLDDUDE. ..I gave Cjon my number he has not called me yet...Ill Pm you with it...

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think he might be waiting till our days off coincide, Vino. He works odd hours.

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HEY OLDDUDE. ..I gave Cjon my number he has not called me yet...Ill Pm you with it...

I meant to, kinda got busy. I do work wierd hrs lol

OP
OP
treblehunter

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There goes the neighborhood!

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Like I told you, Chris....if you get the opportunity, you don't have to wait for me. Treb is gonna get all the goodies! Vino already told me he let's his guests get the good stuff, lol.

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice. Today I got a "go at it all you want" in a small yard. Only scored a 1929 Mercury dime in really good shape and maybe a dog tax tag (I haven't cleaned it up yet).

Pdr206

Apr 1, 2014
Central New Jersey
Detector(s) used
BH Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Awesome find! Best I found today was about 2.14 in clad and a broken plow blade point ;)

Hit me up sometime if you want to go hunting in jersey. Still working up the nerve to ask for perms!

Am near princeton, local 68 ironworker.

Pat

Vino

Banned
Jul 7, 2013
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome find! Best I found today was about 2.14 in clad and a broken plow blade point ;)

Hit me up sometime if you want to go hunting in jersey. Still working up the nerve to ask for perms!

Pat

Princeton is a great place to hunt... You show me around and ill get permission for us...Im right near new hope on the pa.side...

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice digs . Thanks for the pics

OP
OP
treblehunter

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Pat

I know you Pat, pretty sure I worked with you in AC, I might be wrong?

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome finds buddy. That karma struck quick! Still pissed about the lack of return pics lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread