Massachusetts Same Back Yard 2 Pocket Watches and More

M

meggiebaby

I went out to the same spot in my backyard again and found the following:

One Silver Pocket Watch not in good condition, and what i think was an ink bottle. On the back on the glass you can read W.T Co and there is still a little black substance in it. I am attaching pictures of everything found in the yard from the past two weeks. I think one might be suspender pieces? i also found a leather strap that could be part of the item, and he Mass Registry plate from 1910 (pictured with the two pocket watches)

The other pictured items are from my friends backyard. One is a metal toy of a cowboy on a horse (the horses head is missing) three rusty disc's and a spoon and what i think is a part of a bell. Does anyone have an idea what the disc's were used for? I only started metal detecting 3 weeks ago and am having a blast.....i have yet to hit a public place yet...baby steps

Sorry i am using my picture phone to take these. I will use my camera to take some better quality ones later.

Attachments

• ATT224675.jpg
    ATT224675.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 619
  • ATT224669.jpg
    ATT224669.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 606
  • ATT224412.jpg
    ATT224412.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 613
  • ATT224874.jpg
    ATT224874.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 590
Upvote 0

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to TreasureNet, Meggie. Those are some great pictures from a camera phone....and some nice finds. :)

One of your pieces in the top photo looks like a watch fob....and the clip in the bottom looks like a garter belt clip. 8)

OP
OP
M

meggiebaby

Thanks for the welcomes. Actually the item you think is a Watch FOB is a Motorcycle Registration from Massachusetts from 1910, its made of Brass and they only made these plates for 4 years. I saw one from New Hampshire that sold for 277 dollars on e-bay. I want to clean it up but don't want to devalue it. Anyone have any brass cleaning up tips?

OP
OP
M

meggiebaby

I am wondering why all these items are in such a small area. The house i live in if from 1934 but the items are late 1800's early 1900's so i assume it's from the past property Owners of my neighbors since there houses where built in 1900. There is a lot of broken pottery and rusty nails too. Perhaps a fire or whatever structure was there was demoed without cleaning it out....it's a mystery.

OP
OP
M

meggiebaby

I agree that there is more... i fear what my yard might look like when i am done!

DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, there's one sure thing.....Smooth it out the grass will eventually come back all by it's self!...Dig it man!.......Nice finds

dr-quest

Feb 25, 2007
Nova Scotia Canada
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Gold, Whites XLT,Tesoro Stingray ll,Whites Surfmaster ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
3 weeks wow,your on your way to a big box of treasure ;) :D

OP
OP
M

meggiebaby

Thanks all. I thought i was off to a great start! Hope it continues.

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1st let me welcome you to T-Net and the wonderful hobby of MDing. From the looks of your finds, it seems you are off to a great start. Keep digging in your yard, I know there's more to be found. Good luck and happy hunting...keep us posted of your finds. ;D

;) RR

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread