Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I was beginning to wonder if I would ever find one around here but I finally found a 61 Rosie, my 1st silver dime or silver US coin for that matter. it signaled a little lower than what I was expecting, in fact I figured it was just a penny but to my surprise, it was a silver dime. the clad dimes and coins had been so stained that I had been worried that I would dig a silver one and not realize it until after my initial cleaning but this thing was very obvious. Oh Yeah! also dug a 50 cal bullet (totally unexpected in this location) a loaded 22 round and an empty hull. those huge pop rivets drove me nuts for a while and a little clad to boot. I am sure that I found every single piece of a totally shredded red soda can as well as the usual pull tabs and rings. Still learning that you have to dig everything, that these machines get deceived and that the target isn't always at the depth shown. I didn't have the best pic of the Tootsie toy in my last post so I hopefully have better pics of it now. had been struggling with the lap top, but now it is cleaned of problems and working so much better. Now if I can get this abscessed tooth taken care of, all will be a lot better! LOL Thanks for looking View attachment 1030800 View attachment 1030801 View attachment 1030803 View attachment 1030804 View attachment 1030805 View attachment 1030806

Upvote 3

Hunter612

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2013
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on finding your first silver dime!

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats Loot!
Nice pix

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
the cool thing about toys back then, they were made to last, to actually be played with and hard. no TV, no video, no nintendo, just your wild imagination. heck pine knots were machine guns, pine cones hand grenades and we switched from cowboys and indians to army. our fights were with snowballs, mud balls and cow pies and water fights if we had balloons or water guns. The toys were made to last and made in the USA. Every time I find a toy, I imagine the fun the kid had before he or she lost it. something this old would have a ton of memories for someone or several someones. other than that, they are just cool to find.

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice find. You'll always remember your first silver.

I love the way it comes out shiny despite all that dirt.

Congrats!!!

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice digs . Thanks for the pics

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice digs and I hope you get that tooth taken care of soon.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread