An "ODD Variety" day at the carnival grounds !

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Things started out weird found some reading glasses, they were ran over and under the grass, in picture shows my partial restoration attempts. Then later I found a cell phone battery , thought those were supposed to be disposed of properly, head scratcher, hey they might be worth a bit at a recycling place maybe? Then I found some more odd variety a tiny very heavy for its size typewriter that said "Fossil" on it, no clue on it anyone know? Maybe a charm but seems so danged heavy , more head scratching. Then I wandered into a coin spill 3 pennies and a nickel not bad sounded like one big signal must have been there a while. Then I found a "Love" ring think has a little remaining silver-plate, has some text inside but cannot read it, think it is from the late 60s probably. It was surrounded by some old can slaws and read out like an ate up Zincolin on the conductive reading. Then I found someones lost Porsche Carrera GT looks like a late model version, they need to quit burying them in the grass lol ! Any info on the Fossil item would be nice, think some guy posted some odd bit of jewelry last night was a hot-dog charm he said, maybe made by the same company it looked rather similar in paint etc.

7_30_2014 carnival variety total finds.jpg 7_30_2014 carnival oddball jewery closeup 1.jpg 7_30_2014 carnival oddball jewery closeup 2.jpg

Thanks for looking into the carnival of odd variety post and may all your hunts turn out great !!

Upvote 7
OP
OP
CoinandRelicMan

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Fossil used to make typewriters...now they are fossils. This page shows the closest that I could find to your fob: ( What to do with an Old Typewriter )

Nice thanks for the link BullBat looks like part of my typewriter got left in the soil maybe , hmm might be able to find it later, still wonder why it is so heavy , is there lead or gold in it ?

OP
OP
CoinandRelicMan

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Isn't that the same Fossil company that makes watches and small leather goods?

EDIT: Yeup, here it is... FOSSIL® : Typewriter Charm JA5654 - Polyvore :)

Hi Ronson thanks for the link, at this point I am wondering if theres a whole charm bracelet in the ground still with the rest of the charm that broke off?? Will have to go back for sure soon!

thommo59

Mar 6, 2014
Australia
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Garrett AT PRO
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a mixed bag

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not many people can say that they went detecting and found a typewriter. For that matter, I don't think anyone can claim they even found a typewriter.

OP
OP
CoinandRelicMan

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for all the replies and information! I went back and the only item of interest I found was a turquoise color painted rose shaped earing and some clad coinage. Did get a considerable amount of the can slaw. I think there is probably more goodies to be found out there and the site merits another few hunts later on when rain occurs.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread