Vino

Banned
Jul 7, 2013
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This was found in a wall 2 houses away from BETSY ROSS house in Philadelphia.today ....I oh most passed out when I saw it!!!! YOU know the rest of the demo is going to go slow and carefully. ..So the first thing I thought was THIS IS WHAT THEY SHOULD LOOK LIKE!!?!?!?!?.
THANKS FOR LOOKING
GEORGE

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20140731_200056.png
    ForumRunner_20140731_200056.png
    198.6 KB · Views: 279
  • ForumRunner_20140731_200115.png
    ForumRunner_20140731_200115.png
    181.9 KB · Views: 245
Upvote 25

terpfan

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Maryland/ NC
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just look at the surfaces on that coin. I guess that is what they are supposed to look like! Congratulations on finding a stunner. Its cool to think that Betsy Ross could have handled your coin. I looked it up and learned she didn't die until 1836.

Mi$terG

Jan 25, 2013
Eastern MA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Absolutely stunning. Amazing find- best of luck with the rest of the house.

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats Vino... That is one awesome find. I am about speechless...

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! What a great eyeball find! :occasion14:

Hopefully some more roundness rolls out of those walls!!

OP
OP
Vino

Vino

Banned
Jul 7, 2013
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just look at the surfaces on that coin. I guess that is what they are supposed to look like! Congratulations on finding a stunner. Its cool to think that Betsy Ross could have handled your coin. I looked it up and learned she didn't die until 1836.

Thanks Terpfan...You are the first one to comment on Betsy Ross...I think like you thats the coolest part!!!!

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Work is for people who don't know how to metal detect. Cj, it must be double time and hes tight for the money, besides who ever heard of working on Sunday?

No offense :icon_scratch: I must have misunderstood the humor ??? , :dontknow: maybe you are lottery winner or retired with no wife and kids and nothing wrong with that ... in fact .... good for you . Speaking for us working class heroes , on the job 24/7 , even Sunday's , obligated to support our families , work pays more than wandering around with high hopes of digging up an a few ol' coins .

Glad to have a job in this economy , sorry to say , detecting won't pay my bills .

I am a lot of fun at parties but I don't play well with others ... as well .

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No offense :icon_scratch: I must have misunderstood the humor ??? , :dontknow: maybe you are lottery winner or retired with no wife and kids and nothing wrong with that ... in fact .... good for you . Speaking for us working class heroes , on the job 24/7 , even Sunday's , obligated to support our families , work pays more than wandering around with high hopes of digging up an a few ol' coins .

Glad to have a job in this economy , sorry to say , detecting won't pay my bills .

I am a lot of fun at parties but I don't play well with others ... as well .

CMD, I believe you did misunderstand Treb's humor....it's easy to do here. He and I have had a running banter and I knew he meant no disrespect towards myself or any other working person. He is a retired union roofer, and I believe we all know how hot and hard roofing is. I don't intend to speak for him, but thought I would respond to your post and see if I could clear things up. Thanks for your post!

Jyverb64

Oct 30, 2012
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer Se Pro
Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is one sweet LC, congrats

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
No offense :icon_scratch: I must have misunderstood the humor ??? , :dontknow: maybe you are lottery winner or retired with no wife and kids and nothing wrong with that ... in fact .... good for you . Speaking for us working class heroes , on the job 24/7 , even Sunday's , obligated to support our families , work pays more than wandering around with high hopes of digging up an a few ol' coins . Glad to have a job in this economy , sorry to say , detecting won't pay my bills . I am a lot of fun at parties but I don't play well with others ... as well .

I feel your plight. My days are consumed from 5am to 8pm and man I wish I had more time! I have a 1 and a 4 year old kid and all my time goes toward them and supporting them. But then again that gives me the most enjoyment:)

Anyway, congrats on that find. I have done a lot of renovations to old houses and have always looked for forgotten coins, with no luck.

Awesome!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

fat fred

Apr 23, 2012
savannah ga
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Find more like that you might really stroke out -- I would drop just finding this one! Awesome man!! Congratulations!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread