Oct 30, 2012
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer Se Pro
Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't been out since mid June so I dicided to knock on some doors and at the second home I got a yes go ahead. I started out in the front yard and after a few wheats got a nice coin signal and when I popped it out I new right away it was an old botton because I could just make out the eagle! After a few more wheats I got what I thought was a coin until I cleaned it a little and could see a womans face on it and a hole in it like from a necklace or a braclet shortly after I dug another and then a chain with 4 more on it looks like a braclet. One of the last good targets was the 1944 Mercury dime nice way to end a couple hours of digging. IMAG0773.jpg IMAG0774.jpg IMAG0775.jpg IMAG0779.jpg IMAG0783.jpg IMAG0785.jpg IMAG0784.jpg

Upvote 4

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I love everything about that hunt. A T-Net buddy of mine and I are coming up to upstate (Kingston) NY this fall in the hopes of finding some items we'll never find down here in NC. Just not enough age where we live. Hopefully we'll come across a spot such as that one. Great Finds!

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love those one piece Excelsior buttons. The first old military button I ever found was one of those.

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
looked like a great hunt, with finds like that you will be back as soon as possible

OP
OP
Jyverb64

Jyverb64

Oct 30, 2012
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer Se Pro
Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You just never no whats going to come out of the ground.
I love everything about that hunt. A T-Net buddy of mine and I are coming up to upstate (Kingston) NY this fall in the hopes of finding some items we'll never find down here in NC. Just not enough age where we live. Hopefully we'll come across a spot such as that one. Great Finds!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions