Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2005
Cleveland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found a wallet today and digs from yesterday's cellar holes

Hey guys, got out to some cellar holes and such yesterday with the others. My finds included a very large silver plated spoon, a buckle thing, and an old thimble. It was a very tough but interesting hunt. Dan explained this photo farther down in his post, in case you didn't see it (we were hunting right near the border of PA):

OhioOwnzyour.jpg

April1A.jpg

So today we got out at a very old school nearby that we've hit pretty good. After getting 2 wheats, I wandered my way into the brush near a chain-link fence and noticed a wallet exposed in the dirt, right next to the fence. I guess it was sitting there since around 1986, which is the issued date of the guy's driver's license. There were 3 coins inside but no remains of paper money, leading me to believe the wallet was possibly stolen and later deposited where I found it.
As found:
April1C.jpg

April1D.jpg

Wallet's contents:
April1B.jpg

HH all!

Upvote 0

DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Found a wallet today and digs from yesterday's cellar holes

Nice finds there. That wallet might shed some light on what happened. i'm sure he will be very surprised to see it if you can track him down.

whitesid

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2006
earth
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

nice finds
how old were the coins in the wallet?

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice finds Nate! I used to listen to WMMS 101 Cleveland when it rocked, ask your Dad, LOL. I wonder if I am related to the wallet guy, I come from a family of Russells. Is that thimble open ended? HH, Mike

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I'm sure that would be a suprise to get that wallet back after all those years!

Congrats on your finds. Nana :)

OP
OP
Nate in Ohio

Nate in Ohio

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2005
Cleveland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thanks guys, the coins in the wallet were a 67, 73, and 78. Mike, the thimble is open-ended, I don't know if that means anything or not.

It would be interesting to contact the owner. I think Mirage said he would try calling him sometime soon. We'll see what happens. :) HH all

T

TreasureTales

Love the OHIO OWNS YOUR MOTHER sign, although graffiti is never nice.

Why are so many thimbles lost in the outdoors? Did any of you ever wonder about that? I know, I have a strange sense of curiosity. Anyhow, were women darning socks outside or were their husbands using thimbles as condoms? That's all I want to know.

S

Scots Gaelic

Nice finds! Play around wit the search engines you may be able to track "Mike Russell" down. As i can not see allthe info, this is what I found by a simple search:

Find an Elder Attorney, Elder Law Attorney or Elder LawyerColumbus Ohio elder law attorney lawyer Russell C. Golowin, Golowin Legal, LLC, 1820 Northwest ... Cleveland, Ohio 44145 Click here for Contact information ...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions