Eagleye

Mar 19, 2014
Australia
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra 705
Garrett sea hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I haven't been able to do any metal detecting as I've been shifting out of my house for the past couple of weeks :( today was huge so we called it a day and I was off to the shop to grab a pizza. Walking along I was looking down and this big ol ring was sitting on the grass. Sticking out like a sore thumb.. So I plucked it.
No markings but really shiny, looks brand new. Tyre. I'll take it

image-3517811958.jpg

image-2737389647.jpg

Attachments

• image-1482794515.jpg
    image-1482794515.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 152
Upvote 12

leviathanrick

Mar 31, 2013
Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Should have it tested. It has soft rounded edges unlike costume jewelry and the patina looks a lot like silver. Nice find.

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
on the ground, in the ground, nice find

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great find. Hope it turns out to be the real deal~

OP
OP
Eagleye

Eagleye

Mar 19, 2014
Australia
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra 705
Garrett sea hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for looking everybody, I just ran the xterra 705 over it and it comes up at 16 on the id. Found a similar ring on eBay but not the one.

OP
OP
Eagleye

Eagleye

Mar 19, 2014
Australia
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra 705
Garrett sea hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
image-1451754050.jpg

thommo59

Mar 6, 2014
Australia
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Garrett AT PRO
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Easy pickins!

OP
OP
Eagleye

Eagleye

Mar 19, 2014
Australia
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra 705
Garrett sea hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok this is getting a little exciting people, I took it into my local metal detector store to see if They could shed some light on what I might have. Ran a magnet over it and she don't stick. He looked it over and said it could be platinum but it's strange it has no markings. Now I'm not getting my hopes up but if this is platinum I'd imagine it's worth a couple of bucks :) she's got some weight but I don't have any scales so can't tell you guys exactly. Is there any other tests I can do to determine what it is?

doninbrewster

Bronze Member
Jun 15, 2013
New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'd lay my money on it being stainless steel or titanium. Actually, if you look at the picture of the other ring you found online, it looks identical and is marked stainless steel. I found a similar ring in stainless recently.

Last edited:

Shelbe

Feb 10, 2013
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Have used a Whites that I bought when I was 17, it was broken in storage this winter, Looking at a Garret 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It looks like a tire! Very nice its a special find what ever the metal!

OP
OP
Eagleye

Eagleye

Mar 19, 2014
Australia
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra 705
Garrett sea hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd lay my money on it being stainless steel or titanium. Actually, if you look at the picture of the other ring you found online, it looks identical and is marked stainless steel. I found a similar ring in stainless recently.

hmm titanium, I never thought about that. The one from eBay is different as it has a sharp edge and the one I found is soft/rounded and the grooves come right around the edge. I've been wearing it all day.. I think it's growing on me

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find! Hope it is plat. That would be awesome!

OP
OP
Eagleye

Eagleye

Mar 19, 2014
Australia
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra 705
Garrett sea hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
image-1686170955.jpg

wstgo

May 3, 2011
Canastota, New York
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum
Nice find.......I have been metal detecting almost 30 years and I tend to eye ball a lot of stuff. I guess we are always looking down! At one club hunt at a local beach we had a prize for first gold found, when they said go I took about 3 steps and eyeballed a gold woman's necklace. I won the prize in about 7 seconds! Keep swinging and keep looking down!

OP
OP
Eagleye

Eagleye

Mar 19, 2014
Australia
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra 705
Garrett sea hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find.......I have been metal detecting almost 30 years and I tend to eye ball a lot of stuff. I guess we are always looking down! At one club hunt at a local beach we had a prize for first gold found, when they said go I took about 3 steps and eyeballed a gold woman's necklace. I won the prize in about 7 seconds! Keep swinging and keep looking down!

Yep some of my best finds have been found with my Eagleye. Wow! You won the prize in 7 seconds, I bet that went down well. Cheers

OP
OP
Eagleye

Eagleye

Mar 19, 2014
Australia
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra 705
Garrett sea hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I remember long ago...When My Father used me to teach children with down syndrome how too write poetry in San. Francisco,CA Shoot...The American Cancer donated over 50 THousand dollars to the local library and school district...Hmm...I know it had nothing to do with tips from the parents of the children with down syndrome...Or did it??? Who can say for certain???hehehe :occasion14: Cheers

Hi Ed t, that's really great you did some work with the Down syndrome kids, that really says a lot about somebody. keep up the good work buddy, the more money donated to such a worthy cause the better I say. The kids and their family's deserve all the help they can get. Peace

OP
OP
Eagleye

Eagleye

Mar 19, 2014
Australia
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra 705
Garrett sea hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just a quick update guys. I was at the jewellery store dropping of a chain to be repaired and was browsing around and spotted some mens rings they had which looked like the same metal.. Tungsten! Oh well next time :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread