Found my own cache from a few years back!

partenr

Jan 12, 2007
Eastern Washington State
Detector(s) used
White's Classic II
I bought my White's Classic a few years ago when I was in college. I messed with it a bit but I didn't have a great deal of time or skill.

Nor did I realize how fortunate I was to have had the opportunity to detect a few days at an old homestead in Eastern WA. that still exists. There is a back out building area that was a military outpost for a period of time that there was a military conflict with Indians.

"The Yakima Indian Wars of 1855-1856 and of 1858 followed. From May to September of 1856, Major Granville O. Haller directed a military encampment in the Kittitas Valley."

I knew I'd kept the items I found at the homestead & Military fort, but I had no idea WHERE! Well I found that stuff today while cleaning out my garage. In addition to the relics there is $8.15 in clad and a 1939S Wheatie.

The large shell casing is a .50 cal. the smaller caliber shell casing says Western 1918. The button with the 2 holes in it is VERY thick and heavy. I'm confident it belonged to a military uniform. The smallest gold button says "Virginia" on the back. (Keep in mind I'm in Seattle)

Attachments

• 05college_period.JPG
    05college_period.JPG
    61.6 KB · Views: 901
  • 05college_1918bulletCase.JPG
    05college_1918bulletCase.JPG
    49.4 KB · Views: 902
  • 05college_1939s.JPG
    05college_1939s.JPG
    53 KB · Views: 909
Upvote 0

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool, i like that bullet case

HH
-GC

karib2517

Jan 18, 2007
Detector(s) used
Minelab X50 : Another world inches below us.
Those are nice,glad you found them again lol.

DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds there. I lost a bunch of detector finds in my divorce. She threw it in the trash. Hope someone found it and kept all of it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread