Two more hours at 1808 house; finally silver

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
I got to spend two more hours at the Historical Society's 1808 house in town and finally found them some silver. In a yard where an 1844 dime wouldn't be out of the question, I turned up a 44D Mercury. Not bad, but you start to wonder if this place has been hunted on the sly. I have a couple more hours here, then a small yard at their other house down the street, so we still might turn up something worth talking about. We had a beautiful sunny day and tomorrow promises to be even nicer; I hope the rest of you are enjoying the same.

Upvote 0

Wasabi

Nov 7, 2005
Brevard County, FL ~ USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalinbur II,White's Beach Hunter ID 300, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Fisher F75, Tesoro Golden UMax, Whites 4900/D, Bounty Hunter IV, Bounty Hunter Big Bud
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Halfdime, Nice Merc... I used my imagination to visualize it.
Good to see you are finding some silver.
Hope my drought it over soon.

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Good deal on the Merc. That old silver is hard to come by. The 1850's home we hunted last week turnned up a bunch of Indian heads but the two silver dimes were a rosie and merc. I know the place had not been hunted before.

Bob

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Nice job,but I am amazed you didnt find more. Perhaps like you mentioned it was previously hunted. Good luck on the the other house!

Eddy1H

Dec 17, 2006
Rockwall Texas
Detector(s) used
Cz20, Cz6a, 1212X, Minelab, Muskateer Advantage Whites, XLT, Surf PI, Garrett TR
Congrats on your silver, I hope you find many more

Eddy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread