Interesting day, 1/2 hr detecting, 1 hr with police, 1938 Nickel....

tpmrcp

Dec 31, 2006
East Stroudsburg, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK I went out at about 5pm and was detecting City Park here in Reading. My ace 250 batteries were reading full strength. Well I had lithium batteries that I have been using for a while. All of the sudden it went from full to 3/4 to 1/2 to dead in a 5 minute time frame. Of course I forgot my extras. So i was driving on a one way and found a little spanish corner store. Its on a corner of 2 different 1 way streets (10th and Washington). So I go out and walk down the wrong one way looking for my car. After walking 3 blocks and back, I had to call it in stolen. After about another 10 minutes I realize that I might have parked down the other street. Sure Enough! There is was. I had to spend the next hour in the police station to fill out a report. Man was I embarrassed. In my change I did find a 1938 Jefferson! I also found 54 cents in clad in the park.
coins8.jpg

coins9.jpg

coins11.jpg

Upvote 0
T

TreasureTales

Bummer! And I thought my memory was bad. ;D ;D

That policeman's card shows your case number, does it not? So now anybody can get hold of your case and find out your home address and name. Maybe you want to blackout your case number? Just a thought. ;)

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Too much partying will do that to you. ;D
Funny post.
-MM-

PATreasureHunter

Mar 22, 2007
Lititz, PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Looks like a good day, aside from the police fiasco. I live in Lancaster County, so if you ever wanna get together or meet halfway, let me know! I too, have an ACE 250. Happy Hunting!

OP
OP
tpmrcp

tpmrcp

Dec 31, 2006
East Stroudsburg, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TreasureTales said:
Bummer! And I thought my memory was bad. ;D ;D

That policeman's card shows your case number, does it not? So now anybody can get hold of your case and find out your home address and name. Maybe you want to blackout your case number? Just a thought. ;)

They didnt even have time to finish the report so they just threw it out. Thanks though.

MEinWV

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2007
West "by god" Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fishers CZ5 and 1280X
Oh man!.....Big bummer!

I hope there is comfort in knowing that you are not alone. I think every one of us has had some wacky thing happen out on the trail. I drove for a half hour to a spot once, turned on my 5000D and nothing. Opened the back and discovered there was no battery pack. Absolutely nothing I could do but go home. I go home, load up the batts, I'm back at the spot an hour later. I find nothing!! Spit in my eye!

I'm at work once, I drive uptown for lunch ( 1/4 mile at the most ). Nice day! Leave the store and walk back to work, totally forgeting my car ( In fact, I walked right past it ) I get out of work, my car is not there. I'm thinking "someone stole my car". Luckily, I didn't flip out before my dimmer than normal light comes on. I casually walk back in the shop to wait for everyone else to leave before taking the walk uptown.

Hope that helps a little! Oh Yeh! Congrats! Nice looking '38 you got there!

..............HH

eathabs

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2005
Sunbury, PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 300, Classic ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the price of totally pimpin!!! Great stuff!! I'll be in touch soon for some pimpin huntin!!!

OP
OP
tpmrcp

tpmrcp

Dec 31, 2006
East Stroudsburg, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
eathabs said:
the price of totally pimpin!!! Great stuff!! I'll be in touch soon for some pimpin huntin!!!

No prob

jorge del norte

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2005
nc
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex - Tesoro Conquistador Umax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
man the grass must be strong........

once i went to a home improvement store, got out and went in shopped a bit...bought my stuff, went out to my car it's not there, ........the lot attendent said it rolled across the parking lot, and had a brick up under a tire to stop it....it was way away from where i parked it..........geez

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm always losing my car at Wal-Mart! I lost it one day and was opening my trunk with the auto opener so I could spot it when the trunk came open. After looking for quite some time I finally spotted it. Some nice older than me little old lady was standing beside my car. She said I needed to get my trunk fixed because it kept coming open, but luckily she was there and kept closing it for me! My Mom drove the wrong car home from the grocery store one day. It was nearly identical to hers and the key fit. The nice man who owned the car followed her home in her car and they traded on our front driveway. Stranger things have happened. I guess? M :D nty .

BobinSouthVA

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2007
SE Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro / Whites Prism II
haha I used to live up that way. Graduated with a Mark Groff that became a cop. Big husky fellow?

anyway you should take a hike up the mountain over on the Mt Penn side. there is an overgrown gazebo/pavilion that may have had some history. We found it once hiking but that was a long time ago and I can't really say exactly where it is.

OP
OP
tpmrcp

tpmrcp

Dec 31, 2006
East Stroudsburg, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Madmardigan said:
haha I used to live up that way. Graduated with a Mark Groff that became a cop. Big husky fellow?

anyway you should take a hike up the mountain over on the Mt Penn side. there is an overgrown gazebo/pavilion that may have had some history. We found it once hiking but that was a long time ago and I can't really say exactly where it is.
Yup thats him, give him a call! lol

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finding money....Good......Filling out stolen car report...PRICELESS...lol Loved your post.

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
tpmrcp said:
Madmardigan said:

Yup thats him, give him a call! lol
Oddly enough, I was named after a Groff that my father knew years ago. Ask Mark if he has a family member named Addison Groff. ??? He would have been a funeral director.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread